Headlight problem

I own a 2001 uk300. I recently acquired sti headlights to fit to the car, only to find out that the wiring is different for the dipped headlight and full beam. The wrx has one plug that switches between dipped and full beam. The sti headlights are separate. Is there an adapter that could be fitted to the wiring loom? Or can I split the wires to get it to work?

I don't normally like to direct members away from the forum. But they do need a bit of work to fit as you need to change the wiring as the STI lights have separate main and high beams whereas the WRX has a standard H4 combined high/main beam. There is a chap that sells a idiot kit if you like my favourite type of thing that plugs and plays. I've just tried to have a quick look on Fleebay but no joy. :angry:

But link here hope this helps 

http://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/659519-fitting-hid-kit-to-a-bugeye.html

• Like 1

I just split and rewired mine on my bug eye took a bit of work with a test lamp to no which wire does what but got there in the end,from what I remember new lights needed a separate earth to work but plenty of places to use..

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice :wink: I don't have the connector/plug for the main beams, but the side lights and indicators are the same connectors. Where could I get the right connectors/plugs from? Also do you have the contact details for the guy who sells the idiot kit... I think I may need it :shy:

• 1 month later...

Just got the sti lights fitted :laugh: Thanks for the advice, I ended up splicing the wires.

I noticed the glass is a bit misty looking on one of the headlights. Does anyone have any advice as to how to remove it. I didnt want to use a cutting compound in case the glass is tinted.

WP_20160705_001.jpg