computer management software for 1997 8s ecu and another Q

kayzarh

hey peeps hope your doing well, quick question, if possible, is there any computer management software for live monitoring of a 1997 uk turbo 2000 with a 8s ecu.

So far ive tried the elm327 and the "freessm" via usb to odb2 cable.

I really want to have a look at the live stats for my car to see the fuel trims etc and especially knock (if any) as i have a subaru which literally has all sorts of funky things installed such as a stage 2 clutch, ra gearbox, decat, a supposedly stock td04 turbo which has been debadged (??why idk lol) i really want to know if everything is fuelling and boosting properly

Just wanna see how good if possible the ecu is adapting to all the funk.

I pulled out some manual boost controller hoses and most importantly a funky superchip (which i need to break with a sledgehammer still :D)

I also really want to map my own car so im learning all about ic engines at the moment and i hope to get a esl board strapped onto the 8s and get some road tuning in (whilst doing massive amounts of research).

Any pointers/encouragement/discouragement will be really appreciated. 

Thanks for reading !

Www.evoscan.com is your best bet for (cheap) monitoring.

I'll run mine on the way to work grab some shots for you, can't map or anything but it's useful to see if all present and correct.

You'd need to buy an esl board direct from.them with cable if you want to be able to map &log properly

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well the thing is the evo scan software needs a cable which unless you are any good at making them up you'll need to order from them, no problem I hear you say, trouble is they are based in NZ and it takes about 4 weeks to arrive,

You do get a discount if you but the cable and software together.

If you were closer you could borrow mine but it's a bit of a drive I think.

Oh and I was late for work so legged it out the house and forgot laptop so I'll have a go tomorrow for you

• Like 2

Just now, stants said:

Well the thing is the evo scan software needs a cable which unless you are any good at making them up you'll need to order from them, no problem I hear you say, trouble is they are based in NZ and it takes about 4 weeks to arrive,

You do get a discount if you but the cable and software together.

If you were closer you could borrow mine but it's a bit of a drive I think.

Oh and I was late for work so legged it out the house and forgot laptop so I'll have a go tomorrow for you

isnt it just a bog standard odb2 to usb cable (i have one and it fits in just fine) ?

On 14/06/2016 at 3:36 PM, kayzarh said:

thanks for the pointer, ive now found a document explaining how to make the cable and i will proceed to make the cable, thanks!

Any chance you could share the link / document?

• Like 1

thanks for the pointer, ive now found a document explaining how to make the cable and i will proceed to make the cable, thanks!

I'll get it to you now, although there is a pretty hard to find part (I assume) and it also might just be more economic to buy it but let's see (although making it is super cool haha)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 15/06/2016 at 5:15 PM, kayzarh said:

I'll get it to you now, although there is a pretty hard to find part (I assume) and it also might just be more economic to buy it but let's see (although making it is super cool haha)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

http://www.alcyone.org.uk/ssm/usbhowto.pdf

sorry about the late reply!

• Like 1