Best cleaning products

ScoobyJoe

I've tried most brands on the market and at the minute I'm happy with poor boys products easy to apply and remove use the black glaze for dark cars or the white glaze for lighter cars then seal in with nattys wax by poor boys,also had good results with megui res products..I've tried autoglym and mers that everyone raves about and found them hard to remove and left a lot of powdery residue also not that impressed with dodo juice but just my two cents from my own experience 😀

As mentioned there are lots of products out there....will all come down to personal preference.

I use the autoglym super resin polish as find it hides minor swirls and scratches well. I also use many meguairs products and always finish off with dodo juice wax

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, david1972 said:

As mentioned there are lots of products out there....will all come down to personal preference.

I use the autoglym super resin polish as find it hides minor swirls and scratches well. I also use many meguairs products and always finish off with dodo juice wax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people have said the dodo wax, I've just ordered some on eBay myself! 

Looking at the idea of ultimate compound too, for £12.49 you can't go wrong really. 

i use simonez shampoo and carnabu wax, it does a decent job of getting the bits off and sudding up thick,  then other than that all waxes and polishes etc are meguirs havent had any problems with them so will stick to them. the plastic restorer takes a few coats but turns all the worn out grey trims black and smooth again.  havent used a great deal of other makers products, tried some autoglym, engine cleaner, tar remover, plastic restorer, all rubbish for me even their snow foam shampoo was a let down at its price.  wheel cleaner was well and truly beaten by a cheap one i found in a matalan. hoping to come accross more as didnt get the name. 

5 hours ago, ScoobyJoe said:

Scooby1972, would you say mine is dark or light, it's the typical Scooby blue! 

Gonna check out all these products on eBay now, cheers guys. 

i find Amazon can be cheapest at times - prices go up and down as I'm sure you know

Been looking at stuff this afternoon...quite fancy the meguairs drill bit attachment as an alternative to a full da machine. Looks quite nifty and only just over 40 sheets on Amazon currently. I've got a good quality drill already

As a professional detailer if you really want the best products you have to go with Swissvax, they are unrivaled when it comes to waxes but they aren't cheap, I tend to use them on a lot of my clients show cars. If you are after durability then ceramic coatings are the way forward and something like Gtechniq Crystal Serum as it will provide protection up to 5 years. autoglym and Meguiars are budget products and I honestly wouldn't recommend them as there are much better budget options available

I detailed this California at the weekend and it was finished with a £200 Swissvax wax which is one of the lower end ones 13483114_10154159381966224_3028781020575

And this is a Noble M600 Carbon Sport I detailed for Noble themselves at their factory in Leicester for a show that was finished with a Gtechniq ceramic coating 10658599_10153139179946224_7390977139397

Obviously the autoglym &meguiars are budget, what would you recommend without breaking the bank?, can you do a rough grouping of good budget, mid range etc. Although I get reasonable results with the cheaper products, my car is 20 this year and the paintwork doesn't warrant me spending 200 quid on a tub of wax.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As a budget product i'd look at the Killerwaxx range they don't break the bank and are far superior to the likes of Poorboys/Meguiars/Autoglymm/Auto Finesse etc. In honesty there isn't really any mid-range products as they don't tend to offer better performance over a decent budget product but are too close to the cheaper high end products.

Products to look at :
Shampoo - Gtechniq GWash / Killerwaxx Foamzilla (both are pH neutral ensuring you aren't stripping any previous layers of protection)
Wheel cleaners - Nanolex Wheel Clean
Waxes - Swissvax Shield (this is a cheaper option and suited for daily cars as it's synthetic not carnauba) / Killerwaxx Carnauba Paste wax
Quick detailers - Killerwaxx Orange Pop
Maintenance protection - Gtechniq C2V3 Liquid Crystal

There are many other products on the market and depending on whether it's a show car or daily would vary the products i'd recommend/use

What do you use for restoring clarity to headlight lenses...I've done mine recently and looked great for a day or two but hazing up again already [emoji35]

Something to removing the hazing and then something to seal it properly and lock it in please!

Thanks

1200 then 2000 grit wet and dry use wet until completely smooth clean them then spray clear coat and finally polish with cutting compound then wax or alternatively just use G3 and a electric  buffer. 1st one is for showroom condition 2nd is quick and easy. 

16 minutes ago, david1972 said:

What do you use for restoring clarity to headlight lenses...I've done mine recently and looked great for a day or two but hazing up again already emoji35.png

Something to removing the hazing and then something to seal it properly and lock it in please!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly there is no permanent fix as plastic will always fade when exposed to UV rays, it all depends on how faded they are? 2000-2500 grit wet and dry sandpaper then you will need to remove the wet sanding marks with a cutting compound (I personally use Koch Chemie Heavy Cut) and a DA Polisher. I always finish my restored headlights with a ceramic coating as it is the strongest thing to prevent the fade occuring. If you don't properly seal them they fade within a couple of months again

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have used VALET Pro products for a couple of years now and I have always been pleased with the results. Their Dragon Breath is just brilliant to clean rims.

I recently bought some from here: http://www.ravenol-direct.uk/valet-pro-dragons-breath-500ml.html as this is where I also buy my racing brake fluid on recommendation of a friend.