Ecu

Phillip1993

I think the z4 runs yellow 440 injectors and a tdo5 16g.

your 94 runs grey 380's so give both the z4 and your scoob a google first to make sure you have the same turbo and injectors first. As it will over fuel or over boost if they're not the same [emoji6]

I've never taken the chance with a ecu lottery and always waited until I'm ready to remap before changing anything . It can get very expensive cutting corners on mapping if it goes kaboom

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

I think the z4 runs 380 injectors not 440 savage.

Your right savage it's not worth playing the lottery with your engine. I'm still trying to find an apexi ecu it's the one I really want plus my turbo is apexi also 😊.

But to answer the initial question z4 is a fairly 'safe' swap. But not worth it in the long run. 

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure what the z4 or the op scooby's model was so thought I'd mention too google em first .

I'd probably be tempted to try a z4 if they matched but then that would be on my own car and if it went bang it would be my problem.

I never advise anyone else to take a chance on unmapped mods . As 20 yr old performance engines sometimes go bang on the standard map if 1 of the previous owners has mistreated it at some point in its life .

If it's not broke .....upgrade it 😊

• Like 1