2nd hand o2 sensor

Since my rocker cover gasket is leaking oil onto my headers, I now have a CEL for the o2 sensor which is hardly surprising. Found a breaker on eBay who has a bunch of o2 sensors for sale at £12 a pop. Surely worth a punt?

Got to be worth a shot mate at that price get 2 so you have a spare, on a seperate note i noticed you've got a thread up about fitting an up pipe and to cut a long storey short i've been doing wee bits and bobs to the scoob today and noticed i've got a small leak from the up pipe gasket at the turbo and i've been on import car parts and can get the gasket set with all the bolts/studs for 27 quid i'm just wondering if thats all i need to do the job or will i have to take other sections of the exhaust off and need other gaskets aswell :rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, stuartie said:

Got to be worth a shot mate at that price get 2 so you have a spare, on a seperate note i noticed you've got a thread up about fitting an up pipe and to cut a long storey short i've been doing wee bits and bobs to the scoob today and noticed i've got a small leak from the up pipe gasket at the turbo and i've been on import car parts and can get the gasket set with all the bolts/studs for 27 quid i'm just wondering if thats all i need to do the job or will i have to take other sections of the exhaust off and need other gaskets aswell :rolleyes:

Oh you're gonna have a fun time with this! 

To remove the upipe, you need to take the downpipe off and the headers off. So may be a good idea to get header gaskets and both gaskets for the downpipe!

If you need a hand with it, I can help if need be!

• Like 1

Great thats really cheered me up haha, i should be able to it myself i can get it on the ramps or over a pit at work but thanks for the offer bud :thumbsup:, ment to say its a v1 classic if that makes any difference

Nah doesn't make a difference... it's all near enough the same. The up-pipe i got from Savage was from a classic, fits my newage no problem. You'll need a new gasket for the header end of your up-pipe as well. I got all mine from Import car parts for a very reasonable price. Get genuine gaskets... aftermarket gaskets won't last and believe me, this isn't a job you will want to repeat!

Yeah thats where i'll be getting the gaskets from and they seem to have really good prices, i could of probs got them through my work cheaper but they'l be crappy aftermarket ones and if its as much fun as you say it'l be i only want to do it the once, although having access to a ramp/pit is a bit of a luxury, thanks for the bit of advice spot on bud 👍👍

Sound i shall check that out and get hold of some, the btcc is on at knockhill this weekend if your free at any point could maybe meet up, myself and the mrs will be up both days and the weather looks like it should stay dry so should be a good weekend 

1 minute ago, stuartie said:

Sound i shall check that out and get hold of some, the btcc is on at knockhill this weekend if your free at any point could maybe meet up, myself and the mrs will be up both days and the weather looks like it should stay dry so should be a good weekend 

HNNNNNNG

This weekend would normally be my weekend off but doing OT unfortunately... :/

Thanks for the offer tho mate!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the o2 sensor i ordered was for the the rear section so the cable is not long enough :/

Is it possible just to get it mapped out? My rear one still works... it's getting mapped soon so thought this would be the most cost effective solution!