2016 WRX STi boost ?

Steve36

I continually drive my 2017 STI in sport mode which is nice and easy away from the lights, however if you put your foot down it will give more than enough power. I switch to sport # when I get on the A roads when they are quiet. Best of both worlds. Turn one knod and the power is instant.   

10 hours ago, RichieT said:

I continually drive my 2017 STI in sport mode which is nice and easy away from the lights, however if you put your foot down it will give more than enough power. I switch to sport # when I get on the A roads when they are quiet. Best of both worlds. Turn one knod and the power is instant.   

My situation is a bit different since when I start the car in early morning I leave my road in 2ng gear then highest I get is 4th all trip long and most of the time traffic lights and idiot drivers are in the way, so it takes 10-15minutes for engine to get into normal temp. And it takes another 10 minutes to reach my work. So I always drive in I mode to work. But when I have longer journeys I just flip the switch and it's on ;)

18 hours ago, Phillip1993 said:

I drive mine every day to and from work and never have any problems

I do see what you are saying in both posts, Phillip.

BTW - the Impreza is not one of these. Subaru, in their wisdom or maybe lack of wisdom, have dropped the Impreza name from this. The Impreza is a 5 door 1.6L cooking variety motor now. Nothing like the Impreza of old and nothing like these.:smile:

I must admit that I have never owned a car with all these "intelligent" driving modes. I just used to get in and drive, like you. Why does anyone need these different modes ?

So is this ringing with your view ? It's all a bit complicated really and unnecessary ?

Well, I can see the point of this stuff now I have one. What the situation is that you don't get with the more simple / conventional set up, like in yours & my previous Scoobies, is the different throttle response. What you can do with this one is switch the throttle response from calm to aggressive when you need it.

So why don't you need just one setting then ? Set it on aggressive all the time, leave it there ?

The issue is that you won't get away with it in town traffic. It is too aggressive and for stop start traffic, it is too jerky and creates an uncomfortable journey. The issue is that as soon as you blip the throttle with a light touch, you are off at full pelt. Sitting in traffic crawling along, it is far too much and you can't physically give it less.

So the switch to a more calm situation gives you the best for town crawling traffic. Once out on the twisties, you place it in sharp mode and the motor comes alive. But what is good, it comes more alive than a conventional throttle on older Scoobies. I guess what Subaru have built in is this ability to give the full beans on limited throttle and what this means is you get quicker response times. I can see its ability certainly in race situations as you want everything you operate in the car to be short and crisp (naturally, I am not condoning racing on the streets). People want short shift 'boxes, higher ratio steering to get better response from the motor. So this short throttle response is just another aid.

From someone who wasn't really that converted to this - I am pleasantly surprised how quick you get the power on through limited throttle.

• Like 2

I always drive mine in sport then sport # when giving it some I mode is rubbish imo you feel so disconnected from the car.

Now I've got the ecutek soft wear on the car I now use the si drive to switch between maps much easier than playing around with the cruse control , just a quick twist and it's done much better. S mode 360 hp then s# I get full power and flat shift. That's the advantage of the throttle by wire

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk