Best Fault Code Readers?

Seminole81

As title suggests, what fault code readers do people have? Thinking about picking one up as I've already had my first CEL thrown. Thinking it's a bad coil pack at the moment as I'm misfiring, or a plug. Had a quick look on Amazon, but don't know much about them. Don't want to spend a fortune, and anything PC based is out of the question at the moment because I don't have a laptop. Thinking Bluetooth to iphone at the moment, as I'm not sure what WiFi advantages are? Hoping to keep it under £20?

43 minutes ago, Mr B said:

need wifi for iphone as ios bluetooth no good as locked down on functions .

cheap stand alone solution >
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Engine-Fault-Code-Reader-Diagnostic-Scanner-Reset-Tool-OBD-2-CAN-BUS-EOBD-UK-/172200936611

Ah you see this is why I asked. How does wifi work? Does the phone and the reader need to be on the same wifi network as each other to work. Looks a decent little set that.

3 hours ago, Seminole81 said:

Ah you see this is why I asked. How does wifi work? Does the phone and the reader need to be on the same wifi network as each other to work. Looks a decent little set that.

No additional network required, the wifi dongle is a network and you search and connect to it.

That little eBay reader is good little unit for money, have couple of them in car glove boxes as quick no hassle check option.
Plenty of wifi dongle for ios on eBay if look and choose wisely. Will need software from app-store.

• Like 1