XV Safety Recall

Dogconker

Latest on my XV: I asked Subaru UK about the wiring loom. They said the dealer had checked it when it was in for its last service in April 2017.  I'd already asked the dealer about this and got no response. I asked Subaru if there was paperwork I could see; they told me to ask the dealer  :(

Dealer now saying no paperwork but the job was done.  Subaru had told me the software update for oil light warnings did not apply to the model I had.  I pressed them about Subaru service in general with this car saying my faith in the brand was being quickly eroded. They responded saying that there was now a software update available and that the dealer would arrange for it to be done.  Two weeks later, nothing from the dealer. I contacted them again and the update is now booked for next week.

All in all, this has been a mess of poor communication, even poorer documentation, and some sloppy, offhand stuff from Subaru UK. For the first time in twenty years I'll be thinking twice about the make of the next car I buy. Caveat emptor.

• 2 weeks later...