My 2016 sti review

brunogaspar90

If anyone fancies a read Subaru asked to write a review about my sti and this is what I came up with. Feel free to add any more feedback on anything I missed.

Having owned a number of performance cars I did not have high expectations when test driving the wrx sti, but I fell in love with it straight away. The steering is very responsive, power is always there when you need it (only played with s# a couple of times as si provides more than enough power, at least for now) not had the opportunity to test it out in the snow yet however, the grip is very good on frozen roads considering all the power it puts out.

I am impressed with the mpg averaging around 27 which is the stated figure (how many times are manufacturers actually honest about these figures?) without driving around like the queens chauffeur everywhere.

The only bad points a can pick out after owning it for 1,000 miles are:

1- the suspension, if your area is full of potholes, speed bumps or uneven roads you will feel like you have been in a fight with a bear after driving the sti

2- gear box, lovely gear box however if you go into the wrong gear at the wrong rpm the car will 'hurt you!'

3- interior, I love the interior but my sti has developed a rattle somewhere around the dashboard and it gets a bit annoying, nothing turning up the radio won't fix. Whilst on the subject of radio. Head unit is ok. If you have an android phone they play along beautifully however, with an iphone it is very iffy at best.

Also no sat nav, maybe a factory extra however with a price tag of nearly £30K one would expect it to be included as standard.

No heated/cooled seats either but they are very comfortable nevertheless

4- Finally, my sti is red which looks amazing when's it is clean, however you can forget about in the winter just seems to be permanently dirty no matter how often I wash it.

Overall, I love the sti. I did not buy it for mpg or comfort it's very sensibility priced when compared to other cars of similar performance and has a long successful heritage behind it.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good review mate 

I've had mine for a month now and I absolutely love it. It's ran in now just done 1k miles so I can finally open her up. It's an awesome all rounder, handling is superb and the power is epic! Love love love it 

the only thing I'm a little disappointed at is the exhaust sound but it's not really a bad exhaust as it looks ace and does sound decent but expected a louder tone 

• Like 1