Smoking

Brownbear514

Hi 

Since Saturday once my car has got hot it's OK when warming up and initial idle but as soon as I pull away all I get out the back is thick white smoke with a slight blue tinge. Both turbos spool up and boost absolutely fine it drive fine and I have no loss of coolent and no loss or sludge in the oil 😣 I have no lights up on the dash either 

Can anyone point me in the right directions please 

20161224_143750.jpg

received_1174958439218865.jpeg

IMG_20161201_104301.jpg

Sorry - not sure I follow your issue. Is the GTB OK when hot but when you pull away from somewhere when cold and warming up, this is when you see the smoke ?

You may not have been able to see from the perspective you have presented - but does the smoke linger or is it just vapour and vanishes after a bit.

1 hour ago, Daz-RSK said:

Sorry - not sure I follow your issue. Is the GTB OK when hot but when you pull away from somewhere when cold and warming up, this is when you see the smoke ?

You may not have been able to see from the perspective you have presented - but does the smoke linger or is it just vapour and vanishes after a bit.

Sorry I'm **** at writing descriptions 

Right it happen once warm, when I drive off it starts and heavily smoking and don't stop until late I turn it off 

45 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

Basicly weaps past the seals, so need to pool over time to be visible. not enough to be visible under normal running, but given time to pool you'll see a puff of smoke, my old turbo did exactly that.

It's is all the time once warm 

No worries chap about your original explanation. It's difficult enough to describe an issue. It does help the audience though a little when they have a clear picture.

OK, it does sound like some oil "leakage" - "leakage used loosely in terms of what some of the others have posted.

With your TT, you do have a myriad of exhaust pipework around the front due to being a sequential set up. Basically, it takes some time for pipe from the secondary turbo to heat up, given the set up, if you don't give it the beans and when you do move into secondary mode, there could be a whisper of vapour due to the pipe being cool, even though the car has been operating for some time.

So I was just checking that this was not getting confused with the issue.