4door to 2door

JamesJDMwagon

Ok well this is a strange idea but in really not worried about selling my car as some of you may of noticed😂. 

So my idea 💡 and plan is to weld the rear doors shut and delete the handles making a 2door wagon. Can anyone think of a reason why this is a bad idea? Would the welds crack or stress I know it's been done but how? 

Im planing to weld the inside and outside when my new arches go in hopefully the next two weeks and pop rivet a alloy door card on keepin the rear windows functional.

33 minutes ago, matt said:

seen this done with the 22b kit looks kinda cool

personally i would save the hassle and just shave the door handles

Would you have any pics? 

Well it would strengthen up the car quite a bit and get the look I want plus the arches are being done at the same time so paint isn't an issue. 

52 minutes ago, JamesJDMwagon said:

Would you have any pics? 

Well it would strengthen up the car quite a bit and get the look I want plus the arches are being done at the same time so paint isn't an issue. 

Clinic did a shell 10 years ago, owner ran out of money so its sat up there under a sheet as just a painted Shell, they moved the pillars, full 22b wide arch kit from the moulds, full welded in cage etc etc

I'll try and gets some pics next time i'm up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tidgy said:

Clinic did a shell 10 years ago, owner ran out of money so its sat up there under a sheet as just a painted shell, they moved the pillars, full 22b wide arch kit from the moulds, full welded in cage etc etc

I'll try and gets some pics next time i'm up.

Found it! It looks awesome 😀 But not into moving pillars. Just wanted to add some more stiffness to the car it'll look like van but I'm not worried. Want the car more track and less show if that makes sense.