Return to Subaru

Hi All

Just rejoined Subaru after some years. Had various company car makes over the years and had (personal) Impreza Sport and turbo models. Retirement allows return with XV 2.i0 SE Premium. Jings - cannot believe the poor Autocar etc reviews. Guys - dont read it - drive it!

welcome back! Most of the mainstream press dont review Subaru's too well, not sure if that's because they dont get much advertising revenue from them compared with VAG group, PSA, GM, etc...#cynic?

welcome back, if you buy an xv expecting a performance cross over your in for a nasty surprise, but as far as spec and comparing it with other similar cars they are great, me and my dad looked at about 10 different cars when he was looking for a new car (quashqi, juke, kugar etc etc) and none of them were as well equiped or as roomy at the XV. 

He liked it so much that when he had his rammed off the road (he and mum were fine, pics in a thread in the XV section under possibly DOA XV) he replaced it with another new one.

Aye, if I wanted sheer performance I would have gone for an STi. Now at the stage where 50+mpg, AWD (to cope with snow and bit of rough terrain) and hatchback utility are more important. OK - old age has something to do with it! However I do like all the "toys" on the Premium.It's an ex demonstrator so is pretty well tooled up but I have added a rear bumper protector and cargo tray (dog!) and a bonnet protector (stone chips). Bit different to my first car - Ford Anglia 105E bought in 1965.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Old Rover said:

Aye, if I wanted sheer performance I would have gone for an STi. Now at the stage where 50+mpg, AWD (to cope with snow and bit of rough terrain) and hatchback utility are more important. OK - old age has something to do with it! However I do like all the "toys" on the Premium.It'sex demonstrator so is pretty well tooled up but I have added a rear bumper protector and cargo tray (dog!) and a bonnet protector (stone chips). Bit different to my first car - Ford Anglia 105E bought in 1965.

haha a tad different, xv's are great cars though

• 4 weeks later...