Speed Cameras Or Greed Cameras

Gambit

So what's your view's with Greed Cameras ? 

For me there nothing more than a hidden tax. My reason for this is near where I live we have a  mobile unit that sit's down each end of a 60MPH straight with a dog leg bend on it midway, the road must be about 2 mile's at a guess, so yes you can get some good speed up if you want to.

(Of course I don't ever break the speed limit's) :S

Now there has been 2 people killed on this bit of road in the last 10 years, they was high on drug's driving a BMW M3. They crashed at the dog leg bend, and laid there for 3 day's before the farmer found the wreck with the 2 body's in the car. Now this mobile greed camera van sit's about 600 yard's as you come into the 30mph zone from 60mph at each end. No where near the crash site.

For me there not to save life's. Only to make money from the road user. So what's your view's ?

Just point out. Touch wood, hairy wood is better. (touches the top of head) I have not been caught speeding, and hope I never do :D

speedfleece.jpg

I agree they are more to do with greed than any traffic calming - I am all for 20 mph outside schools to be enforced with cameras during the main hours of coming and going

sitting on dual carriageways that are not associated with fatalities is just swelling the coffers

and I have had one or two cough ahem points in my time associated with speeding, never been dangerous driving or over the limit etc and never in built up urban areas

I find them always in the posh area.. i guess they have to make those who pay through the nose for council tax feel that there council tax is well spent... but also making money from it too

You saying I'm posh Steve ?

I have always' liked you did I ever tell you that :D

I would like to know what money it make's the Mobile unit, it's always about atleast once a week. I had a friend who got a fine from it and she drive's slow at best. She said the only reason she was still doing 37mph as she came into the 30 zone was people was driving up behind her, and driving very close, she even said it was panic. Then went on that speed awareness course £75 I think it was, so she didn't get any point's. Like being held to ransom again if you ask me, give us some more money or we will make your insurance go up So you have to pay more money :D

• 3 months later...

Well It's the BBC so I don't believe what they tell me anyway at the best of times

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22809291

As I said above I can't see how this can be true. As the two places and the other places the van parks near me are not accident black spots at all. And if I remember and see the van in one of the place I will take a picture its always hidden at the bottom of a hill behind some bushes.

• 3 months later...

I said I would try get a picture. now this was just a van parked up and was stuck out more the Speed trap van hides more behind the bush, and the picture doesn't really show how steep the decline down the road really is,that makes it so easy to pick up speed. a5ld.jpg

Also I was almost on top of the van by the time I had got the phone out and managed to take the picture 

The thing is they will hide whenever they get chance as. most people will just pay up, if the van is not sat a certain distance between speed camera signs you don't have to pay, if the van is not at least 75% visible from the direction in which you got photographed you don't have to pay, if there is a car in the same shot in which they have your plate going in either direction they can't prove it was you doing that speed and also the calibration on the equipment needs to have been up to date at the time of the alleged offence, and the best one, if you don't receive the 1st letter from them before 2 weeks of the date of the alleged offence they can't prosecute, the wife hates it when I see them out and about because I. Will go and kick off with them to try and get them to do their job properly, we get them round here every now and again and the last time I saw them was about 2 years ago, before that it was 3 times a week, I parked up and took over 40 pics at drivers height all the way to the van then shots from the side of the van for his view and pointed out all the things he was doing wrong

• Like 1

I hate how sneaky they are. There is another place they sit parked up, this is how bad it is near where I live one guy got fined £650 + costs for warning other motorists that the van was parked up the road by flashing his light. I do the same. And the places where they park nobody has been killed in these spot's ever that I can find :D