Is carbon cleaning worth it?

I keep seeing these carbon cleaning adverts on Facebook lately and so I had a quick google search and found some reviews by would be customers. All said it was well worth the money, more power yada Yada yada. Wanted to know if anyone from here has had it done and was it worth it or not? If it's as good as it sounds for the price I'll be getting it done, but don't want to pay for something which will reverse in a couple of months [emoji848]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk Pro

There is the Italian job way of just flooring it and using the heat to burn away the carbon, also there is an old school way (so I've read) using water (in small amounts and high revs to avoid hydrolock) into the intake manifold.

I have tried different ways of cleaning with sprays designed for intake cleaning but haven't noticed anything, I would think if you had a problem with knocking in your engine that it would be worth it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I do the Italian job way quite often so I'm probably burning a lot of the carbon then. I definitely wouldn't want to try the water treatment myself lol

Upon reading more pages through google it seems like they all use hydrogen to disperse and clean away the carbon and the process takes around 40-50 minutes for great results

TBH im not actualy sure, had it done to my volvo and it then blew up a month later. Did seem to run better after though to be fair, that was a diesel.

Theres some debate about if its worth it on a subaru engine. Due to the way they work they are less susceptible to build up due to the design of them, especially if you run Vpower with the cleaning agents in it.

Im not aware of anyone who has done a true back to back to find out actualy what difference it makes.

I personally think I'd stay away from it, my only reason is based on the same reasons you don't use engine flush on a older engine, washes away all the crap that's stopping it leaking everywhere lol.

So to summarize, if it ain't broke.....don't fix it

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Lol thanks for the reply guys! I probably won't go for it, just thinking about it because I have slight engine judder when idling which doesn't happen often, and carbon cleaning apparently fixes it? but was thinking kill the problem before it becomes worse!