No more Subaru wrx sti in uk

Cosmicalien

Hello everyone. I recently in the last week sold my 2015 Subaru Sti back to the Subaru dealer who i originally brought it of. The reason i sold it was i couldn't press the clutch properly because of a recent knee operation. During a conversation i had with the salesperson i asked if Subaru are bringing out a new 2.0 litre version hoping it would have flappy paddle gearshift so i can again own the Sti. Interestingly he said Subaru are not going to be importing any more Subaru Sti's because of high emissions and Europe's higher fees for importing high emission cars to UK. He told me it's on the QT . Do you guys have any knowledge of this.

They said the same back in 2012 then it turned out to be a name change (went from impreza sti to simply sti). Time will tell though becuase you never know.

Subaru could do themselves a favor and just import the jap spec STI and save all the design cost for a worse car.

10 hours ago, Pixyflash said:

Hmmm...

Auto UK sti...

Not sure if that's good or bad news. 😑

i dont think it will be an sti, sounds like they are phasing out manual box's on all subaru's

@Tidgy

Shame, I do love that roooaaar when you drop a gear and kick it...

The T-Rex in the boot goes bananas and you're pushed back in your seat as 300 ponies surge forward...  

cars trembling in your wake...  

laughing like a hyena that's found an extra peanut M&M in the corner of the box...

Or is that just me?

15 hours ago, Pixyflash said:

@Tidgy

Shame, I do love that roooaaar when you drop a gear and kick it...

The T-Rex in the boot goes bananas and you're pushed back in your seat as 300 ponies surge forward...  

cars trembling in your wake...  

laughing like a hyena that's found an extra peanut M&M in the corner of the box...

Or is that just me?

dont think you buy one without loving it :D

Amazing how good the auto (CVT) box is on my XV (and quicker than the manual equivalent car). Using the paddles, in "manual" mode, with seven speeds manages very nicely in the traffic lights Grand Prix, thank you very much. Subaru might have to beef up the gear box to take the extra power of a turbo fitted car, especially if tuned up further, but the US owners have no trouble warming up their XVs!