Looking to buy for VF35 or alt VF34 Turbo.

Charlie_89

Hello all.

I am trying to find a VF35 turbo or alternatively I will get a used VF34. I can't find any VF35 on the market, was hoping to may be get a used one of eBay. Got out bided on one at the weekend, gutted. 

Not planning on tuning my wrx Hawkeye wagon till late next year so will be keeping an eye out for a VF35.

Anyone got one to sell or know a source PM me or email charlie_north89@hotmail.co.uk.

Hiya mate. I think I was watching the same turbo. Went for £355. There's a VF 43 on there for about £380 similar to a VF 35 but different size exhaust housing. I've been looking myself but think I may go for a td06g 16g variant it 18g. Been looking at new kinugawa or Mamba. Think they are both made by Kamal and have had good reviews on a few different forums. Available with billet wheels etc. Good for thought anyway. Good luck.

Sent from my HUGO-H1 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, paulbridson75 said:

Hiya mate. I think I was watching the same turbo. Went for £355. There's a VF 43 on there for about £380 similar to a VF 35 but different size exhaust housing. I've been looking myself but think I may go for a td06g 16g variant it 18g. Been looking at new kinugawa or Mamba. Think they are both made by Kamal and have had good reviews on a few different forums. Available with billet wheels etc. Good for thought anyway. Good luck.

Mind look into a TD05g then, looking for something with a quick spool. End goal is 330hp to 350hp

Take it VF35 don't come up that often then. Wasn't sure how much to bid as I haven't found any others up for sale so did't really know what there worth second hand.
There's been 2 on eBay in as many weeks and I think that one went for about £250. The thing that puts me off is you just don't know the history of them.

41 minutes ago, paulbridson75 said:

There's been 2 on eBay in as many weeks and I think that one went for about £250. The thing that puts me off is you just don't know the history of them.

That's true. My thoughts were to get a used VF35 and get it rebuilt.  Buy one for a few hundred n spend another few hundred on a rebuild. Would be cheaper than buying a new VF34 which is £1100. Or is there I'm missing here? Is getting a turbo rebuild more expensive?

That's true. My thoughts were to get a used VF35 and get it rebuilt.  Buy one for a few hundred n spend another few hundred on a rebuild. Would be cheaper than buying a new VF34 which is £1100. Or is there I'm missing here? Is getting a turbo rebuild more expensive?
Not sure on the vf's. Seem to remember reading somewhere " not re-buildable but could be wrong. TD's are with Various options available. Billet wheels etc.

44 minutes ago, paulbridson75 said:

Not sure on the vf's. Seem to remember reading somewhere " not re-buildable but could be wrong. TD's are with Various options available. Billet wheels etc.

Now that you mention it I have read about T's being rebuildible. Not heard the same about my VF turbos. Do you know why some turbos aren't rebuildible?

sorry to jump onto a post but its kinda relevant.

I have a 2.5 WRX hawkeye - i have done so much reading about turbos im getting a little confused and they seem to be impossible to find!! So far i have equeal headers,full decat exhaust and front mount intercooler. Im looking to end around 350 bhp and from what i have read i think all i need is a turbo upgrade and maybe upgraded injectors. question is ...

is the vf48 the best turbo for my goal and where can i get one?

sorry to jump onto a post but its kinda relevant.

I have a 2.5 WRX hawkeye - i have done so much reading about turbos im getting a little confused and they seem to be impossible to find!! So far i have equeal headers,full decat exhaust and front mount intercooler. Im looking to end around 350 bhp and from what i have read i think all i need is a turbo upgrade and maybe upgraded injectors. question is ...

is the vf48 the best turbo for my goal and where can i get one?

Not sure but I've read the td06 is well suited to the 2.5. in a 20g.

i have read that the td06 is meant for much more power than i want - 400+ and that it will be quite laggy? ive been told that the stock internals of the wrx engines and gearboxes are ok up to 350 bhp but when you start heading over that is drastically reduces lifespan and increases potential for failures

i have read that the td06 is meant for much more power than i want - 400+ and that it will be quite laggy? ive been told that the stock internals of the wrx engines and gearboxes are ok up to 350 bhp but when you start heading over that is drastically reduces lifespan and increases potential for failures

I'm not sure but the one thing I've discovered this past week in my search to find the right turbo is that most people who don't opt for the bigger turbo end up regretting it eventually and go bigger again. Even if you don't use it to its full potential initially. I started looking at a td04 19t hybrid for my 2.0ltr wrx but then after reading people's experiences decided on a td05 16g. But then on further reading decided to go for the td05 16g evo 3. But then after further reading it seemed that the evo 3 was so close in size to the 18g that the opinion was to go for that. I'm finally sticking with that I think although there are opinions that a 20g is also feasable. I have no intention of using the 18 to its full potential at the moment but at least I know the option for more power is there. All turbos seem to be available with various inlet sizings and A/R ratios which I don't fully understand but think it allows bigger turbos to have less lag/and more drivable. Hope this helps.

Ive got a 05 sat about in the but its a top entry i keep thinkig about converting it but dose anyone know if they make the same power as the newer front entry. I'm only look at getting over the 300 mark until I've saved enough to build a forged engine 

Tdo5 /tdo4's are journal based cored turbos which spool slightly slower but hold boost higher in the rev range . Vf series generally have roller bearing cores which spool slightly quicker but handle less abuse and cost more to rebuild due to the bearing core having to be replaced (rather than rebuilt)

Top entry and front entry tdo5 16 g turbos make the same power , mine made 347hp on my forged 2ltr classic but they normally make 320 to 330hp on a 2ltr scoob [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk