XV strut bar

marcothio

I don't know how they affect insurance as it would be a mod. But they make the body stiffer and reduce for on individual strut tower by spreading the load across both towers which is a good thing.

Also I wondered if they may make the car a little stronger in a collision?

Perhaps a phone call to your insurance to see if they accept such a mod as acceptable might be worth wild as the mod does not in anyway affect any moving parts?

Good luck 🙄

I’ve seen these before but always wondered about insurance. 
You seen the price of the sti bar though [emoji33]

Been told that on the older cars they are worth while, but all the newer cars have alot more structural stiffness so not really needed unless your going to be using it for motorsport etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, stants said:

You seen the price of the sti bar though emoji33.png

Been told that on the older cars they are worth while, but all the newer cars have alot more structural stiffness so not really needed unless your going to be using it for motorsport etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wondered this and whether it might increase understeer if you stiffened it too much. I find mine handles in a pretty balanced way and I don’t think I’d want to risk unbalancing the car by adding some new element to the handling package. The last time I managed to break traction in the car it drifted with the whole car moving sideways but the back becoming slightly looser than the front which meant it was manageable, I’m not sure I’d like the idea of full on understeer