Lost Key / Reprogram new key -.-

Eloise

Two days in of owning new car and I've lost the only key good and proper.

If I get key code and sigma alarm code buy fob and program it would this work? Got option of paying lad £70 labour plus parts otherwise.

2003 forester with central locking and immobilizer.

Sorry if in wrong thread, feel free to move to appropriate area.

Nevemind. Just realised in my panic I forgot one crucial element. I don't have original key or have tools to make new key and programme it 😂😂 

Alright, I'll have to have locksmith do it. Cheers anyway guys :)

• Haha 1

whoops lol

In all seriousness, it might be worth just ditching the whole alarm system and getting a new cat 1 fitted, you can get them as low as £300, sack the immobilizer and then can get simple metal keys cut for peanuts.

Think I would retrace my steps and try best find the key lol .

If was fresh import then would have only standard skim key (transponder immobilizer) built into ecu and 2 button fob built into key which central locking only .

For eu/uk market they had to have upgrade meet eu requirements and that out sourced at that time to sigma, sigma made a new custom cover for the standard 2 button key which turned it into 1 button and had a custom made pcb board fit the key fob assembly .

Would assume you going need a cat1 cert for insurance so if didn't have anything fitted something will need fitting .

Key and skim chip easy enough sort and any half decent locksmith can do that , subaru central locking could be sorted easy enough, sigma alarms easy enough sort too if does have one, if no alarm system and adding one that can control the central locking as well as that what sigma does and and any alarm system has door locking interface outputs for integration .

Car keys are pretty expensive things, one of first mods want do is sort key spares and alarm pin (if have a sigma) amount of panic and expense I seen over years as this been overlooked is scary . Any new customer we get with sigma's gets asked if have pin code as easy reprogram if have a working remote and easier for them and us to have it sorted before an issue rather than after .

25 minutes ago, Mr B said:

Think I would retrace my steps and try best find the key lol .

If was fresh import then would have only standard skim key (transponder immobilizer) built into ecu and 2 button fob built into key which central locking only .

For eu/uk market they had to have upgrade meet eu requirements and that out sourced at that time to sigma, sigma made a new custom cover for the standard 2 button key which turned it into 1 button and had a custom made pcb board fit the key fob assembly .

Would assume you going need a cat1 cert for insurance so if didn't have anything fitted something will need fitting .

Key and skim chip easy enough sort and any half decent locksmith can do that , subaru central locking could be sorted easy enough, sigma alarms easy enough sort too if does have one, if no alarm system and adding one that can control the central locking as well as that what sigma does and and any alarm system has door locking interface outputs for integration .

Car keys are pretty expensive things, one of first mods want do is sort key spares and alarm pin (if have a sigma) amount of panic and expense I seen over years as this been overlooked is scary . Any new customer we get with sigma's gets asked if have pin code as easy reprogram if have a working remote and easier for them and us to have it sorted before an issue rather than after .

what year did JDM switch to transponder keys?

On 07/12/2017 at 8:57 AM, Tidgy said:

whoops lol

In all seriousness, it might be worth just ditching the whole alarm system and getting a new cat 1 fitted, you can get them as low as £300, sack the immobilizer and then can get simple metal keys cut for peanuts.

Turns out I didn't even have an immobilizer!! :D

Also found key after making two new ones 😂