What are these weird things in my pictures??

Eloise

switch looks likley to be for rear fog light (not required in japan so they are fitted when imported) but short of pressing it and see what happens no way to be 100% sure, second one is a flare, take it out the car because its illegal in the uk. Just leave it somewhere safe at home.

• Like 1

The switch is definitely a rear fog light, i have the exact same switch on my import, best to check tho, turn it on and go out and have a look.

The other is a flare, which i didn't know was illegal??  Mine has been in my car since 1994 when it was first imported.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martian said:

The switch is definitely a rear fog light, i have the exact same switch on my import, best to check tho, turn it on and go out and have a look.

The other is a flare, which i didn't know was illegal??  Mine has been in my car since 1994 when it was first imported.

yep, they are classed as an explosive :o

• Haha 1

Just now, Tidgy said:

yep, they are classed as an explosive :o

:laugh:

Crazy! It could come in really handy sometime.... like when I end up upside down in a ditch in the middle of nowhere, I can hear the rescue chopper but it cant see me, I will reach into my trusty Subaru passenger foot well and pull out my rescue flare, fire it into the air, and blow up my hand instead, because Subaru actually put an explosive into the car instead of a flare.

Might have to let mine off somewhere then, get a bit of fun out of it seeing as its an explosive.

• Like 1

I'm keeping mine and claiming ignorance! 

"I had no idea it was a flare officer! I'm appauled any manufacturer would put a dangerous explosive in a car. I'm just a harmless woman you see. I know nothing about this car,I was sold this car under false pretenses! I asked for a family car!"

19 minutes ago, Eloise said:

I'm keeping mine and claiming ignorance! 

"I had no idea it was a flare officer! I'm appauled any manufacturer would put a dangerous explosive in a car. I'm just a harmless woman you see. I know nothing about this car,I was sold this car under false pretenses! I asked for a family car!"

hahaha, they are required by law in japan, technically should have been taken out by the importer ;)

• Like 1