Mayday mayday....We are taking in water!!!!

Jhughes40723

It's strange my new 300 is perfect clean tidy FSH nice! Until I lift the boot liner and spare wheel to find a build up of water! Here is the situation as I removed the spare there was about a Qtr of an inch of clear water that had accumulated right at the bottom of the spare wheel well! The carpet was bone dry with no damp marks or water Staines, the cover board was dry and immaculate. The spoiler bolts were dry and clean with no sign of corrosion the rubber seal around the boot was intact. The rubber plug was in place and all the side boot linings were dry and water mark free. I know I should pour water over the area and see what's going on but I found this issue at 10.00 tonight and I have work all week and Saturday! So I need a more targeted approach? Any suggestions welcome.

hi mate

Check the walls on the side of the boot.. it may leak from the window or boot lid down the side of the wall totally bypassing the cover board.

These things are annoying when they are hard to find.

It's really sad I know but it's all I can think about! I finished work late and don't have a garage, so I just checked there was no water it was fine. I will look hopefully tomorrow, I'm confident it's not the rubber seal, but we shall see! Steve I will be checking the side walls!

I checked the boot when I brought her she was bone dry!! I will keep you posted! Thanks for the help! Jamie.

• 2 weeks later...

i no my car is a lot older but i checked my boot thursday and found exactly same problem you have with no wet boot carpet with about half in deep water in spare wheel well .. but on close inspection i looked at rear of the tail lights and im sure its letting water in from there so i will be removing the tail lights to see if there is water inside as mine are tinted and only way is to remove refit and some silicone to seal 

but 100% sure that is were my problem is..it could be possible you have same  but only guessing   good luck and let us no if you find problem 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...