Subaru impreza 2001 bug eye

marvineghan

Hello!! I bought a subaru impreza wrx 2001 112k miles. Absolutely love it but I've already decided to sell it!! I can't afford the fuel 😂😂😂😂🙈! Dam. Impulsive buy always wanted one. I only owned a mark 1 Renault 5 gordini turbo so I'm not used to a big L car fuel. I'll sell after summer. 

It has had a stage ecu tune, quick shift kit, new gear box, coil overs, new stainless steel header, cold air induction kit and a stage 1 clutch. It is rapid. Wasn't expecting it to be this fast!! 

Could anyone help me with what work I should consider doing to attract buyers when I come to sell it? 

Like I'll do the cam belt and water pump I'm sure that will be worth it? I know you can't say with seeing car but any direction of things I should look out for?

Thank you so much!! 

Screenshot_20180201-235631.png

Screenshot_20180201-235645.png

From what you’ve described about the engine mods and the pictures it looks ace. I’d make sure all the paperwork was in order for the previous work done. Buyers love that. Then I’d do the cam belt and water pump like you said. That shows you looked after it. I’d also eliminate any rust from the underside too. People coming to see it will take time to check.

But saying all that, it still has till the end of summer to capture you so I’d not be suprised if you don’t sell her after a summer of fun! Ha good luck. 

• Thanks 1

..Really appreciate the advice for a novice here.

Yeah I found two tools for raising the car in boot I'll definitely be raising it!!

There is small bit if bubbling on rear arch that I'll address. 

The turbocharger seems to have dipped a little power maybe I'm paranoid.

What one should I buy if I wanted a new one? Like I'm thinking 260-280hp is plenty of power. 

A remapped TD04 (which is currently has) maxes out around 270, if you went bigger you would need to go bigger injectors as well. Probably a like for like swap would be ideal.

But a dyno session would be able to see if you have any issues, may just be a small boost leak. Can get a garage to do a smoke test to look for any intake leaks

• Thanks 1

As far as your fuel consumption, remember you’ve just got all that car with all that power. I’ll bet your booting it off every roundabout and junction, racing everything you can and generally giving it the big yin all the time. Once you settle down and cruise the fuel consumption will come up. Smiles for miles.. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mattb said:

Will get this done! Thank u. 

4 hours ago, Mattb said:
5 hours ago, Sandals said:

I am booting it all the time!! 😂😂 I can't help it. I say ok ok stop n then I get an open road n boot. I never let revs go above 5rpm. 

Your right though cos of fuel I drove very economically n it was very good.

5 hours ago, Sandals said:

A remapped TD04 (which is currently has) maxes out around 270, if you went bigger you would need to go bigger injectors as well. Probably a like for like swap would be ideal.

But a dyno session would be able to see if you have any issues, may just be a small boost leak. Can get a garage to do a smoke test to look for any intake leaks

I got it in my head to just rebuild engine and run at 250-260bhp then n keep it? 

9 hours ago, marvineghan said:

I got it in my head to just rebuild engine and run at 250-260bhp then n keep it? 

An engine rebuild might be a bit overkill as the 2l are relatively bullet proof. If you feel it's down on power, smoke test for boost leaks then maybe a dyno session to see what it's producing and possible diagnosis

• Thanks 1

An update on how my new car n 1st ever subaru impreza is going if anyone interested...😐

1st decided to keep her.

I have an oil leak. Quite bad till oil cools. Quite central the oil leak. turbo definitely or engine definitely lost power like after lag the boost isn't as powerfull. When warm seems to misfire a little with reving but not always. Never when driving. When i say reving it, i meam when I'm checking to see if reving, which i stopped now. I dont like to high rev any car.

Engine fan seems to come on earlier than before and I'm Driving as slow as possible at moment. Coolant level is good. Temp never exceeds beyond what it did when I bought it. Fan doesn't seem to lower temp though and stays on. I could be paranoid with this.

Daaaam. 😂😂 

I owned a Renault 5 gordini turbo for 12 years it was a 1984 car so I doubt it how I was driving it that caused these issues. But I remember the anxiety of always thinking what's up. Only had issues with blocked carburettor in 12 years. Regular service seemed to keep it going. Sold it when realised I love metal too much. Was being a good boy for 5 years then couldn't help myself had to buy this. I love the bug eye ones.

I was gonna get water pump n cam belt, upgrade fuel pump, ugrade injectors, change oil, change spark plugs and I'm sure with new oil leak fix n maybe new turbo I'm looking at quite a high figure £££. 

Does anyone know of or recommend a scoobyclinic? http://www.scoobyclinic.com/servicing_diagnostics.htm

Does any anyone know of or recommended TDRacing?http://tdracing.co.uk

Does anyone know or recommemd advancedautomtives? https://www.advancedautomotives.com/subaru-impreza-ej25-forged-engine-rebuild-kit-500bhp-stage-2-sti-wrx-avcs-9014-p.asp

Also I'm thinking at 112k miles to rebuild engine now. While and I know with good management the engine can go a lot higher in miles seen some at 150k. I'm only gonna be doing like 1k miles a year So if fix the oil leak n diagose the small power loss i should have plenty of life left but if i end up fixing things like this over next 5 years what the point of putting out fires as I go along? 

I mean didn't see a subaru impreza wrx 2001 with full service history in a year of looking so buying a good one was like 6-10k. So realistically I should spend some dollar n put her up there in ranks of good examples out there. 

Cheers 🤗