Ecutek

Phillip1993

Im looking to buy a 2001 wrx and iv always maped my v1 wrx myself and im a bit confused by the ecutek stuff, if i where to buy the ecutek proecu programming kit can i make adjustments to the standard map. Thanks

Phill

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Don't know if you can just buy the software due to needing a licence to map a standard v5 onwards ecu . It Might be a franchise/ dealer only to use it but thats just a quess , as i haven't seen any ecutek for sale .

Think theres the likes of carberry and possibly cobb that might work and esl have been developing v5 software for a while (dunno the release date though).

I personally run apexi f.c and datalogit ,old tech but it's tried n tested and relatively cheap . Plus once you have the software, not only can you map any year scoob with a f.c ecu but any marque of car with one fitted [emoji4]

I can buy it 

http://indigo-gt.com/ecutek-proecu-programming-kit/

but from what iv read you cant just change the map but this is why im confused why can you buy a programing kit and not use it???

as for the apexi i cant find 1 that will work with a 2001 model 

my only other choice is the link system but thats about 1K

Sorry i thought i read v6 2000 wrx [emoji849]

If its a bug then i dont think they do apexi for those, even though v5 to at least blobeyes can be ecuteked . Never had anything subaru newer than my old 97 uk, so dont know if carberry is readily available for a bug or at what cost . Fairly sure either any carr or andy forrest use it though , so a squint on there websites might help with info on functions ect

18 hours ago, Phillip1993 said:

I can buy it 

http://indigo-gt.com/ecutek-proecu-programming-kit/

but from what iv read you cant just change the map but this is why im confused why can you buy a programing kit and not use it???

as for the apexi i cant find 1 that will work with a 2001 model 

my only other choice is the link system but thats about 1K

will be what ecutek have allowed it to do, does say you can map a BZR with it but not other subaru models.

Cuvva - A better way to insure your car

Pay monthly without the interest. 0% APR. No deposit, no hidden fees.