JDM 53/04 BlobEye accident help with parts

PESKYWAABBIT

Hey guys,

I haven't been on this forum much and not sure where I should put this post but if anyone could help, that would be awesome. I recently at Christmas decided to get a an imported JDM Blobeye 2003 V-Limited WRX STI.

I had a small accident during the snow/ice weather last week with a telegraph pole and knocked the nearside passenger wing and bumper which pushed back my nearside front wheel. I drove it home and the Suffolk county council don't grit my roads in the village and we were stuck for 4 days that week, I should of stayed home! The accident was sub 10 MPH so I didn't think it would be too bad. The quote from the repair job came back yesterday at £10k to fix the damages which is mad and I think someone at the garage is trying to pull a fast one. 

What are the differences between the JDM Blobeye bumper and the UK edition? Will the UK bumper and fender fit the JDM chassis? They look identical to me but I just wanted to double check.

The repairers seemed to give me a massive part list too but some of the items are pretty cryptic and I'm not too sure what they actually reference. If any of you could decipher any of these puzzles with better descriptions or part numbers, that would be incredibly helpful for me to convince the insurance company to get this machine back on the road and not written off. I've only had it since Christmas :( 

parts.jpg.48694285e374a0c12c7e6e4033ad2214.jpg

5aa1b71daf5c0_frontend.jpg.7a5a41a21926fd1731b56b89540fe793.jpg

Definitely pushed the wheel back so unsure if youve just snapped a wishbone or bent its mounting points/chassis.

Either way £10 k sounds very steep to me .

Not knowing if yours is a widetrack ? If its standard sti set up I'd imagine you could get the all parts off a breaker for under £1k then, with fitting and paintwork be looking at £5k ish maximum.

But the only thing i know for definite is that the Suffolk roads are shocking [emoji6]

15 minutes ago, savage bulldogs said:

Definitely pushed the wheel back so unsure if youve just snapped a wishbone or bent its mounting points/chassis.

Either way £10 k sounds very steep to me .

Not knowing if yours is a widetrack ? If its standard sti set up I'd imagine you could get the all parts off a breaker for under £1k then, with fitting and paintwork be looking at £5k ish maximum.

But the only thing i know for definite is that the Suffolk roads are shocking emoji6.png

Thanks mate.

I'm not sure if it is wide track. It has DCCD as I have the controller in the centre console which would mean maybe yes it is? I'm not too sure how to check I mean the car didn't come with much history from Japan + the dealer was clueless. Any way to tell easily? 

And aye, Suffolk roads are crazy bad during the winter.

Im not that clued up on newage spec espically the rarer models but a pic of the rear 1/4 should tell , as i think the widetrack have a extra swage line on the rear arches .

Where did you get your quote from ? I could probably recommend a couple of places near Ipswich to try

Bumper /wing no different, you might even get same coluor if you are lucky. you really need the bumper and wing removing to get a look behind, assess any hidden damage.Remove wheel  strip off damaged parts, check chassis/subframe/mounting this is going to be the important area any serious damage its a right off!! ,  (worse case scenario, as it was low speed i think you may be lucky).  

If you source parts for the car yourself. £2000/4000 max finished..............for spare/parts try     M B Developments   07785942237

The quote is way off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Like 1