My99 no turbo?

So, I went out driving today and after about 3 minutes of definitely having boost (the vta dv was ‘chavving’ at me) I then didn’t have any boost. No warning no funny noises no smoke or engine light. Just no boost/turbo. I had a quick look but it all looks an engine to me. I’ve had a quick look at all the hose they seem ok but without taking them off I suppose it’s hard to see. 

What are the first things to check. The dv works I think, it’s open on idle and close when the vacuum pipe is off. I’ll stick the oem one back on. 

Whats next to check? The pipe u see the intercooler has oily residue but looks solid could a leak from there be the issue?

any help welcomed. 

Frank. 

image.jpg

Nope I had it as I high as I dare take the revs and let off it all the gears and a tiny tiny squeak at like 5-6k revs. 

It drives fine and no noises just no boost. Can’t hear the turbo sucking like it usually does either.

Cheers.  

Ok just checked all the hose and everything appears connected with no splits or anything. Took the intercooler off looked all good to me and had the air box off just to look. Everything appears ok. 

Drove it again to test and no change. I definitely think the turbo isn’t spooling up rather than a boost leak. 

Could the actuator be knackered? And is the boost solenoid the small rectangle box by the near side suspension top bit?

Erm. I’ll have to check but I would assume since it’s been working fine up until now? Never had any mods on it apart from exhaust that I fitted a couple of years ago. Could it be blocked or something? Also where is it? Before the t piece near the actuator?

• 4 weeks later...

So turns out the pin thing linking the actuator to the turbo had basically disintegrated so easy fix. Although boost does appear to come in later now. Around 3k rpm. Is that normal?