Map sensor wiring

How do people, i'm wondering if anyone knows how to wire in a uprated map sensor from a later classic on to my v1 wrx as the plugs are totally different mines is a triangular shape plug with a tail up to the map sensor whereas the later sensor has a thin rectangular plug straight on to it, i can wire in a new plug myself but just need to know what colour wires go where, cheers folks 😉👍

I got it off the bay mate and it was advertised as being from a 99 sti so that'll be v6 is it ? Here's a pic 

20180516_211940.thumb.jpg.4715d9ed782b24366cdd63a5b111c71a.jpg

Like i say the sensor on the v1 has a triangular plug so just need to find out what wire goes to each of the pins so i can wire up a new plug 👍

my v1 is running apexi f.c but it used to use the oe boost solenoid plug with the v1 sensor  . i remembered  that i upgraded to the later v3 onwards map sensor (in order to up the boost over the phase 1 map sensors 1.2 bar limit) and knew i didn't have to do any wiring .

But forgot that it was because i also fitted the apexi f.c map sensor add on lead, which has the same plug as the v3 onwards map sensor . 

Sorry for the confusion ,so your right the plugs are different on the oe harness  😉

Afaik The map sensor will need to be calibrated (mapper will have to adjust the scale it reads ) so don't just splice n fit it without checking with your mapper .

I haven't got my v1 back yet so can't check but i have found a v3 map sensor with the wires still attached. I'll post a few pics but dunno if they'll help you ?

If not its a common upgrade so a google should come up with the answer 

20180518_210147.jpg

Thanks for the pics buddy, my next problem is finding a plug to fit i thought i had got one through the work but it didn't fit 😒, ive been speaking to a mapper near glasgow who seems to have a good rep and he going to get a plug and wire it in, i came across him by some old threads from a few years back on scoobynet when goolgling so had a wee look up for him and he an esl agent amongst other ecu's also, he seems to mostly do jap cars and is the mapper for some drift team and when i spoke to him he had just finished doing alot of cars for the banzai event, so anyway i'm just waiting for the board coming from esl then he going to give me a shout when its there and I'll be up and getting mapped, i can't wait as i'm really missing boost and burble especially with all this good weather 😉👍

Yeah tell me about it ...boost n burble withdrawal is a bstard lol .

If your still struggling with locating a plug i can probably grab one off a mate thats breaking a v5 uk but he wants to sell the engine before i can hack bits off the loom . So might not be for a week or 2 

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer of the plug mate 👍 but the mapper is getting one and we just going to fit the sensor on the day and on that note he called me today and the ecu with the esl has arrived so booked in for a week on monday i can just about smell the vpower lol 😉👍

• Like 1