Charge cooler

Hi, Just curious if anyone has gone down the charge cooler\Air to water intercooler route on a WRX?

I know some Foresters have them, and the celica GT4's do.

Im considering building my own system as I dont want to go front mount and badly need a better intercooler.  I think at a rough guess i could build a system for the same price as a decent front mount.

As a last resort I will just get a 2003+ STI intercooler and make that fit, but really like the idea of a charge cooler with Air conditioning super cooling 😎

I have thought about using the a c to cool intake air but seeing as i removed my a.c pump to relocate my alternator, it didn't really get past the "thinking about it stage " 😏

Think most tend to upgrade to the later newage sti tmic (maybe even with water spray too) or use a methanol/ water injection system ,to bring down charge temps .

I like the idea of something different though , so let us know what route you take in the end bud 😉

Iirc legacies or a certain vintage use a charge cooler, may be worth trying to find one or see what's involved, 

There was a post a few years ago that compared all the intercoolers from every model year for efficiency I'm pretty sure it showed a legacy one there 

It may take a while to get anything interesting going on, but i will definitely post up what route i take.

I may have to bite the bullet and get a newage top mount just to last me until i can build something.

I am pretty sold on the charge cooling system though. I have also just been researching gold heat reflection and am pretty interested in what it can be used on.

https://youtu.be/vpItPiieXho

https://youtu.be/XjFzTJOuDQE