so had an odd one today

Mark hammill

hi all so i had a strange thing happened after i picked my car up it had been stood for a week while i was working away,there was a small pool of oil under it and when i drove it away it was producing white smoke from the rear end for about a mile then it stopped checked oil and it was down a small amount and no further incidents of smoke ??????

any ideas ???

The smoke would of been condensation in the exhaust. The oil leak could be one of a number of things. If you could get underneath and see whereabouts it’s coming from then put another shout on here and let the lads give you a diagnosis. Cheers. 

wouldn't worry too much on white smoke as mainly condensation and possibly small amount oil entering intake/cylinders from prolonged standing .
Oil leak could be lot of things but location of puddle under engine area helps narrow it down a lot.

near front middle, crank front seal
Near rear, crank rear seal, rear blanking plate
Sides, rocker cover gaskets, cam bungs, turbo oil piping
Sumps on these get small but heavy rust patches and can leak quite drastically, done a SG fozzy earlier this year with nice rust hole in sump, needed engine swap as caused big end knock from low oil running, blew a sump rust scab out big enough stick your small finger in .

• 9 months later...

So to revive this thread finally found out what the white smoke was the turbo seals had gone and the turbo when i finally got it out was almost seized solid their was loads of oil in the inter-cooler too,quick eBay search turned up a new turbo two days of wrestling the beast out and new one back in and hey presto one happy mark !!!! . No white smoke and now plenty of horse power loving the new car lol