WRX fluctuating idle (mainly highish)

Bouncer

I would check the MAFS always a good place to start with idle problems. Throttle body could be all blacked up but I'm not sure that it's an easy fix unless you know what you are doing but I guess some cleaner sprayed into the intake manifold would do the same job but not as good. Tlag or MD might be able to aid better then that. 02 sensor another thing that could be doing it :( I know these are never easy fixes idle problem's from when I've had them before :( 

Do you have a dump valve? These can sometimes cause idle issues. With the engine running have a a listen around the induction side post MAF and around the BOV/recirc for a noise like air escaping. It could be something as simple as a split somewhere allowing air in after the MAF which would definitely cause idle issues.

• Like 2

If you still have your original recirc then it might be an idea to refit that just to see if that improves things. If not then you have at least ruled it out.

No don't have it, I'll try the spray too, it's jus a pita, they're thirsty enough without high idling using up more !Removed! juice

• 2 weeks later...

Knackered TGV's can give irregular idle, this happened to me.

Normally flashes up a CEL though on the dash which you can check out. would get it looked over.

Could be something simple like badly gapped plugs though as i know these can also give crappy idle.

• Like 1