Have forums had their day??

king_brilliant

Hi,

I would like to join the owner's club and get more involved in the scene but I've noticed that the forums all seem really quiet...I've been away from Subarus for a few years and it seemed busier back then...I'd like to be an active member on the forum, car club scene and 'do' stuff in my car with other enthusiasts/nerds...

Has Facebook ruined it? I'm not on FB so i don't really know....and have never even logged in!! I'm serious..!! everything i hear about social media is negative....

traffic on here can be a bit slow at times and you're unlikely to get fast answers but at least you'll get the correct advice !

afaik there's a lot of rubbish spouted on FB by eejits and trolls, but then again i don't do FB...work of the devil imo !!!

long live proper forums..🙂

• Like 3

Think a lot of the social side to cars has gone over to social media and I'm a member of quite a few f.b groups . Think local f.b groups play a part for local meets and shows .

Forums tend to be a better place to find the right tech info , eaiser to locate past conversations/threads and do tend to offer a better way of moderation,  which weans out the trolls and nasty comments. 

Think the main hurdle on here is that the active members are spread across the country,  which makes it difficult to arrange local meets (social side of scoobs) . Although there is a few local meets in the regional sections that have more active members .

Most do make the effort to meet up at japshow and japshow finale at santa pod , As it's fairly central .

My particular area (east Anglia) doesn't seem to have very many active members , anyways.

you are more than welcome to chuck up a "anyone fancy a meet " post in your region section , if the local social scooby thing is what your after . Hopefully it might tempt a few members local to you to go to a meet .

• Like 1