New (to me) owner, teething troubles

Liz

Hi all, hope you are enjoying your Saturday night!

I’ve just bought a 2010 Legacy 2.5 Sports Tourer Auto - only 20k on the clock and I”m really impressed with the spec, and the smooth drive is sublime! But...Satnav/infotainment system not working - displays an error message “Security” - can’t do diddly with it :-( 

Disconnected Battery and it re-set and worked for about 20mins, but then now stiuck on this error message again - going to garage to get looked at but...does anyone know what the problem could be - it’s annoying!!!

Also the fuse for the electric wing mirrors had been removed - I replaced and the near side mirror was whining like heck but not folding in - did not stop whining with ignition off so set my mirrors as I wanted then  removed the fuse. Is it a big fix to get this corrected ?

Ladt gripe - garage said there  are 2 outstanding product recall fixes required - which they are going to do gratis-(good!) ... for info I checked elsewhere online and am not sure what these fixes are -can you advise?

I just want to be informed so I don’t sound like a total pleb when I take it back to be fixed, and also that I don’t have to spend too long without my car with the garage tinkering with unnecessary  repairs,  when some basic maintenance would possibly suffice. 

Sorry for the long thread - these issues have just taken the joy out of acquiring this lovely car for me - I bought it on the strength of the low mileage and reputation of Subaru build quality - but seems it needs some love :-(

Any help or guidance would be appreciated xxx

The satnav Security message probably indicates the unit is a replacement which hasn't been coded to that car. The dealer should be able to sort that out. The recalls are likely to be brakelines inspection for rust, and replacement of passenger side airbag. The other item I can't help with, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - me again - can you tell me e actky what the dealer/garage needs to do to code the new satnav - they’ve had it fit 3days now and don’t know what to do!!! I’ve looked at forums and something about connecting a VAGCOM or SSM to the ECU to retrieve the code? I have no idea on this, but seems like the dealer doesn’t either! Some simple instructions on what they have to do so I can pass it on and hopefully I’ll get my car back before Christmas - grrrr! Thanks 😊