New wrx owner in search of more ponies

šŸ¤˜Hi im new to this forum, new to owning a Subaru. first off i love it its got characteristics like no other car ive owned i love it although it is already starting to feel slow. So i would like your advice on the best places to start for power and what order its most economical to do it in, cant just go throwing any old part on im aware of that would like to get a safe reliable 280-300bhp before i start looking down the upgraded turbo route cars currently standard other than BOV and full decat stainless system (bought it with these) it has the 3inch system is a 2.5inch system something i should be looking at for more torque out of the engine (friend advised me on this) any information/input welcomeĀ 

• oil temp, oil pressure gaugesĀ hard to fit?
  • injectors what cc is the best upgrade ?
  • does fuel rail/pump need upgrading ?
  • worth upgrading to 10mm ignition leads iridium plugs?
  • also does anyone know a reputable gearbox re conditioner or would you suggest just gambling on buying a box as sheĀ has a grind into 4th when giving her death
  • is a electronic boost controller worth the gamble? or not worth it until turbo upgrade?
  • best time for remap ? (after fitting what parts?)
  • turbo timer worth it?

im very mechanically sympatheticĀ to my car i take every precaution i can to ensure its cooled down / warmed up and cared for. Already fully serviced only had her 4 days so last thing i want is to be damaging my engine by fittingĀ upgrades that the engine andĀ ecu wont benefit from

Im eager to learn a lot more about these engine help me out

Ā 

thank you to anyone who respondsĀ šŸ‘

welcome.

Ā 

• oil temp, oil pressure gaugesĀ hard to fit? Get a pro to do, it involves routing wiring etc, can be done DIY but you need to be good with the spanners
  • injectors what cc is the best upgrade ? wont need to ofĀ your targets
  • does fuel rail/pump need upgrading ? fuel pump is needed, walbro 255 or equivelant
  • worth upgrading to 10mm ignition leads iridium plugs? ignition leads nope, plugs yes, pf7's
  • also does anyone know a reputable gearbox re conditioner or would you suggest just gambling on buying a box as sheĀ has a grind into 4th when giving her death. I use scoobyclinic for all my work.
  • is a electronic boost controller worth the gamble? or not worth it until turbo upgrade? nope, ecu controls the boost, no need even when upgrading the turbo
  • best time for remap ? (after fitting what parts?) yes, no point in mapping then fitting parts as will need the map tw3eaking
  • turbo timer worth it? nope, just drive it steady last few miles before you park up, much better for the car as it keeps fluid circulating so they cool evenly

hope that helps :)

p.s.. your limit is going to be the turbo, anything over 260 is a bonus.

• Like 1

Thanks dudeĀ šŸ¤˜Ā and well and truly its that noise its amazing i dont even use my radioĀ šŸ¤£Ā  and i forgot to put that sorry its a 2003 WRX blob eye. i believe lifes to short to be driving a boring car or a 'daily' i wanted something that made me smile every time i turned the key and ive now found herĀ šŸ’Æ

3 minutes ago, Tidgy said:

haha, miles of smiles šŸ˜„

mines currently in having the engine rebuilt hahaha

SMILES PER GALLON i call it hahašŸ¤£ and nice is it forge build or just rebuild?what power you expecting?

3 hours ago, Heno12 said:

saved my bank some money with that replyĀ thanks mate. whats the best turbo upgrade option in your opinions?

your gonna be limited by your gearbox, you can pick up a second hand vf35 from an sti for a few hundred for a decent one, if your feeling a bit more flush then an sc36 is hard to beat at that power level.

Ā