Sad times - bye bye XV

Dogconker

Well after 4.5 years I have come to the tough decision to part with the XV and buy something far less fun. 

I only do about 150-200 miles a week at the minute so so I don’t need such a big car for driving to and from work and we’re looking for something that is much more for towing and an automatic.

the XV pulls fine but could really do with a heavier car, plus autos ard a doddle to tow with.

As such it looks like in the next few weeks I’ll be reluctantly selling the old girl for a pick-up or something, wife will still be keeping hers.

If anyone is looking for an XV with FSH etc that has been well looked after 😉

638A2F7D-A413-40C1-B254-9FBB84846715.jpeg

On 10/19/2018 at 9:18 PM, marcothio said:

Sorry to see your contributions to this blog go mate! Will you stick to Subaru?

Well I’ll still be here because the wife still has an XV, it’s just mine won’t be here.

unfortunately, with Subaru ditching diesels it means all their cars now have a refucrd towing capacity. I need to tow a 1500kg caravan, the new XV won’t pull it, literally!

it would also be illegal to try, the forester and Outback previous diesels have the Euro6 engines with less torque at low revs than my Euro5 which is a pain for towing.

The forester and Outback literally can’t carry as much stuff as the XV either.

so whilst I love my XV it’s to expensive to justify driving 5 miles to the station each morning and not good enough a tow car to justify keeping it for that, so I have gone for the Ssangyong Musso Pick up which although Korean is only £23k new, has 400Nm torque a better trim level and is perfect for towing weighing in at over 2 tonnes. It’ll pull 3.5tonnes and you can put a tonne in the back. Plus a 7 yr warranty means I don’t really need to worry about it beyond brakes and tires etc.

And that’s why I am selling the XV, well Sold thd XV now to the dealer so once my new pickup lands it’ll be gone. Anyone interested should call Pinkstones Subaru as it will there in 4-6 weeks.