Alarm sounds when locking car

Blazingblacksmith

So just had a new abs pump fitted on my 2010 Outback diesel estate. It was a Legacy pump but all numbers etc matched so should be fine. When my wife got home from the garage and tried to lock the car with the remote it beeps loudly for about 30 seconds and then the alarm goes. Cant believe its anything to do with the abs pump but any ideas on what it could be. Also just noticed that it is not recognising going into 6th gear on the dash and just says its in 5th. 

Locking the car using the key works but then the alarm is not armed.

Any ideas would be very welcome. Tried disabling the alarm by holding the unlock button on the drivers door and opening the door but that does nothing. 

I would imagine garage mechanic bent/moved the bonnet sensor switch when working in engine bay, the beeps are warning a door boot or bonnet ajar .

I would guess gear indication separate issue and probably not related !

Doesn't show bonnet on dash, from your test sounds fairly unlikely it switch which shame .

Wondering if some wiring point been stressed during work they done and the alarm and gear indicator fault all part of it !

Would be wise talk with garage and do good visual inspection on all wiring/electrical in areas they been working .

6 hours ago, Blazingblacksmith said:

Thanks Mr B. 

Tried just pushing the bonnet switch by hand fully and still the same. Its not showing any doors open on the dash. Should it show the bonnet is open on the dash anywhere or is it just boot and doors shown?

My OB's bonnet has two switches - one near the ABS pump, the other one near the n/s wiper mounting. Maybe check?

26 minutes ago, Blazingblacksmith said:

Thanks Greenmamba. It was indeed the switch on the other side that was bent. Now I just need to get to the bottom of the 6th gear not showing up on the dash. Dont know if it has any bearing on anything but its annoying. 

No worries, glad that one worked out for you. Sorry I cant help with the 6th gear issue.

That good, normally is bent switch after garage been working in engine bay, we had a few in after been a Halfords garage or mot ect .

I would assume 6th gear not related to them working on car, seems highly unlikely it would be to me ...