MOT fail on emissions

Right guys, Impreza failed it's MOT on emissions.

CO fail(high)
HC pass
Lambda pass
b8c96f2fab2a3dd5c632fb550227e79e.jpg&key=2b0eba12797082d0ceeca0ad88268828b40633597b5ee155cbbeca34aae0ec68

Also noticed when your driving and lightly press the throttle there is a missfire sensation.

Cleaned throttle body
Checked pipe work
Had lambda sensors
New injectors
New spark plugs

No fault codes, no engine management light......no fricking idea haha

Loud pipes save lives

**Update**

Since doing injectors, CO is down to 0.02(Pass) HC 57(pass) lambda 1.4~(Fail)

It's also hunting at idle and what sounds like a misfire when rev are held steady at 2000rpm-2500rpm

Loud pipes save lives

Assume you've got the standard cat in place ? Have you tried taking it for a long drive before the test to heat the cat (hot cats work better) .

As for the misfire without a code , spark plugs ,coilpacks ,air leaks , tgv's, did you fit the injectors with new seals , icv clean , maf clean .

• Like 1

Only just seen this, I've put it into a local garage as time restrictions and a poorly child is preventing me from getting this sorted, everything pointing at the mass air flow sensor been duff now, but gonna wait and see what the garage comes up with

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 1

If your running a aftermarket  "oil'd filter" or induction kit, (like a k&n ) it might have contaminated the element. So you might just get away with cleaning the maf element with some brake cleaner .

Hopefully it might solve the issue completely and would be Much cheaper than buying a new maf .Then possibly finding out it makes no difference to your symptoms,  cos it's something else at fault 😉

• Like 1

Yeah I tried that lol
Unfortunately (possibly fortunately) the car is pretty standard, just DV and cat back blitz nurspec.

£150~ for the maf was the cheapest (definitely)genuine item I found. Found a few denso's for £60ish but couldnt confirm they where genuine

Loud pipes save lives

• Like 1

Oh, and the garage tried a maf in but didn't make a difference, that have been through it and can't find a reason for it running the way it is, so I'm going back to the lambda sensors I've fitted, questioning the quality and going to refit the old ones on the off chance the injectors actually fixed the fault but dodgy lambda sensors have introduced and second fault

Loud pipes save lives

My wideband reads 14.2 at cruse and hot idle 11.2 on boost ,which is pretty spot on for a boosted boxer lump.

Yours seems to look like its missing or flooding on 1 cylinder , did you fit the cleaned injectors with new seals?

Are all the spark plugs the same colour ?

If one is wet with fuel or black with oily residue it might help diagnose if it's a particular cylinder at fault