Annoying boot leak 😡

Gavo12

Ive recently bought myself my 1st impreza, 02 bugeye wrx, wanted one since i was a kid, so u can imagine that gutting feeling when after 2 days i discover a leak

After having the spoiler reaseled it didnt fix anything, spoiler holes seem fine although could do with some fresh sealent 

After lying in my boot one rainy night i discovered the problem, were the brackets for the boot are located, seems to be were the boot meets the metal below the parcel shelf.

Any idea folks any adivse would be greatly appricated 

Has it had a different spoiler fitted ? , cos if they're not sealed properly, that could be a possibility. 

The rear lights and rear screen are also another way water can get in . Make sure you check the spare wheel and both rear arch wells (behind the rear wheels) As if it's been leaking for a while they can fill up with water .

Has diff spoiler ive had that resealed in the last week, wheel well has always been dry, checked the arch wells and both had a little water in, lights seem dry, really starting to get to me only real drips i can find are coming from were i 1st described besde the boot hinge arms 

• 4 months later...

I too have a boot leak problem and it’s driving me insane. 

The rubber seal is new and there is not leak from the spoiler. 

I have attached where water seems to be coming in from. 

Inhave noticed the seatbelt in the rear is also sometimes damp... where is the water getting in? 

101A5FCB-EAED-4756-91D7-EC89C345AB3E.jpeg

• 6 months later...

Did you ever find the cause of the leak?

I've recently noticed a leak in mine and it seems to be coming from the seam in the picture below where the rear wing meet the bottom of the rear window.

I'm thinking just clean it and put a little sealant in the gap.7eb3308f1cee9a67439d547ebb3d176f.jpg67318e4abe3d1cb4b7cf57ab3a1b6ece.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk