Impreza type R

Jamina

Hi All,

looking at getting a type R in the new year, have had a newage STI for 3 years now and a newage WRX before that so not new to Impreza's

Anyone who has experience with these would you mind passing on any advice that you have re what to expect?

I have done a fair bit of research already but wanted any first hand experience!

many thanks

best way to describe them is Much more hardcore. Weigh less, shorter ratio gearbox, no aids like ABS, more noise in the cabin. Not sure i'd want to daily drive one tbh and not ideal for motorway driving due to shorter ratio box.

As far as performance goes though a world apart for the same reasons as listed above and a much better performance car.

Loved mine :)

Thanks Tidgy - That’s seems to be the feedback I’m getting. 

I am looking for something a little more raw and edgy, it will be a road goer but not a daily so it shouldn’t be an issue.

Does anyone have an advice in terms of what to look out for when purchasing one? Any hidden quirks specific to type Rs?

Basically as Tidgy said.
The gearing means It’ll be at 3700 revs at 70 so a thirsty and noisy on motorway trips.

And no specific quirks in my ownership, just check the DCCD works correctly. Other than that, rest of it is usual Classic Impreza checks. Mainly check for rot and bad repairs!

You won’t regret it. I love mine!! I’ll be proper gutted to see it go :( shame you weren’t looking sooner mine is for sale. May have got a buyer though...

Thanks both, that’s good to know. 

I did see yours, Looks really lovely but I think I have one lined up already I just need to convince the owner to let someone who is going to us it take it off their hands 😂

• Like 1