after so many years....

wuf

Hi all - at last I am a Subi owner!  😀 I plumped for an XV as I shoot and fish and need cross country abilities.  What a solid motor.  And within just a few months of ownership what a Company!  😍 Subaru recalled my motor, despite the fact that I am the third owner, and the car is over 7 years old!!  I cannot believe other larger car manufacturers would do the same once the guarantee period has passed (never happened to me before)..... I was wonderfully gobsmacked. And the garage (Adams Bros Aylesbury) did a quick and wonderful job - engine just flies now!

I have many decades of driving experiences, have driven/owned more than a hundred makes/models including super Skyline, roadsters, Porsches, Jaguars, BMW, etc but none like this....so you can see why I am so impressed!! 

Now I think I understand why Subaru owners are so solid behind their cars.

Great to be on the team and looking forward to meeting up with other Subaru Owners at local meets - so let me know whats on and when!

16 hours ago, wuf said:

Hi all - at last I am a Subi owner!  😀 I plumped for an XV as I shoot and fish and need cross country abilities.  What a solid motor.  And within just a few months of ownership what a Company!  😍 Subaru recalled my motor, despite the fact that I am the third owner, and the car is over 7 years old!!  I cannot believe other larger car manufacturers would do the same once the guarantee period has passed (never happened to me before)..... I was wonderfully gobsmacked. And the garage (Adams Bros Aylesbury) did a quick and wonderful job - engine just flies now!

I have many decades of driving experiences, have driven/owned more than a hundred makes/models including super Skyline, roadsters, Porsches, Jaguars, BMW, etc but none like this....so you can see why I am so impressed!! 

Now I think I understand why Subaru owners are so solid behind their cars.

Great to be on the team and looking forward to meeting up with other Subaru Owners at local meets - so let me know whats on and when!

Welcome

dont be fooled, a recall isn't a warrenty issue. They legally have to do it and if they dont can get into serious hot water. It's basically sorting out a ***** up by subaru in the design of the vehicle or a manufacturing issue.

XV's are pretty good though, dads had two and been pretty good, they crash well as well lol

18 hours ago, wuf said:

Crash well -- that does'nt sound good?

they got shunted of the m69 into the central reservation by a driver who decided to not brake for the slowing traffic in front. XV was written off, front and rear end damage, but they walked away uninjured luckily.

thats a relief -- and I notice quite a lot of crash protection around the XV  - good to know...

Thanks for all the greetings -- hope to see some of you soon......??