Subaru health check

Dan B89

Hello all, I've had my Subaru fews days now , absolutely love it, clutch is bit stiff compared to my zafira lol not sure if that's normal, I've got a short time to get anything needs doing done, so I'm looking for somewhere or someone that knows Subarus, anyone know the best place/person to see to get to check over ? De13 is my area 

Clutch will be heavier than your previous car especially if it has been uprated. Has it been uprated? Mine is still on original and it is not that stiff. Stiffer than my old punto. I hear the average miles on Original clutch is around 40K.

I have no paperwork to show it has been changed and have not been told of any changes, it's stiff compared to what I'm user to hence why I want some one who knows there stuff to have a feel, biteing point about quarter of the travel amount on pedal 

I've heard a few people say that scooby clutches judder a bit more than most cars but not that the standard clutches are heavy tbh .

Check the colour of your clutch fluid , as this often gets forgotten at service time and does tend to degrade. As the clutch fluid reservoir is directly above the turbo hotside and the heat cycles affect longevity. 

You might find a fluid refresh might help with pedal feel , either way it's worth try if it looks black'ish and is much cheaper than a new clutch 😉

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The Notorious S.T.E said:

Wow. 😆

They tried to bleed a 2007 WRX from the radiator and not the filler tank near the turbo. You know the highest point. Their test drive did them no favours either. Got them to grovel. I think they will introduce a dash cam policy now, lol.

On 6/26/2019 at 5:43 PM, Siluro said:

They tried to bleed a 2007 WRX from the radiator and not the filler tank near the turbo. You know the highest point. Their test drive did them no favours either. Got them to grovel. I think they will introduce a dashcam policy now, lol.

Hahaha I wouldn't be surprised if they did