hello

khan

Hi , My name is Kadir , i live in Aberdeen and have just purchased a 2006 2.5 outback . I was looking for a motor for the rear windscreen . i found a legacy one for the same year ,are they compatable ?

40 minutes ago, khan said:

its not working and someone has snapped the screws to fit the wiper on 🙄

I can't advise on the screws but these cars are known for the wires feeding the rear gate to break within the boots carrying the wiring loom between the body and the gate, near the rear hinges. The power for the wiper, and other services such as lights, are in the right hand side boot. Often break. If you are sure this isn't the problem, a new motor might solve the problem; however if the wires are broken, new motor wont work. Check if not already by "peeling" back the rubber boot and check for breaks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greenmamba said:

I can't advise on the screws but these cars are known for the wires feeding the rear gate to break within the boots carrying the wiring loom between the body and the gate, near the rear hinges. The power for the wiper, and other services such as lights, are in the right hand side boot. Often break. If you are sure this isn't the problem, a new motor might solve the problem; however if the wires are broken, new motor wont work. Check if not already by "peeling" back the rubber boot and check for breaks.

Thank you , ill do that . i will still need to buy a replacement motor . so will the legacy 2006 motor fit the 2006 outback ?