Rusty arches

Ttdom

rust 

so I've got the rust demon infecting my rear arches have any of you fixed this yourselves or has someone do it? Looking for a rough price.

Also how much roughly for cambelt and water pump change, mot and of the month and looking at cost to get her good again.

budget a minimum of £500 a side for a proper job, they go from the inside out so if its visible the inner arch is going to be a mess.

Cambelt and water pump change (why change the water pump?) will be same as any spec impreza as they are the same setup, have to confess im not up to date on what going rate for these as last two i had were part of engines builds (on different cars i should add lol)

• Sad 1

If it is a high mileage car and no history of water pump change I would do it with the cambelt. It just makes sense to me to do both. The impeller gets corroded by the water and can cause cavitation which can cause vapor to form. This will make the cooling system less efficient. My last cambelt change was <£400, i did not change the waterpump as the car only had 30K, I wish I had now though.

• Sad 1