Misfiring

Mickey

Hi. I've got a subaru impreza 2004 WRX. On Friday I was driving and realised that it was hesitating at four thousand rpm, drove for a little longer and the engine management light started flashing and the car was juddering going up hill and loosing power, I realised I need to get home ASAP which I did. Even on tick over now the car is shaking and not running right. I know it's a long shot but does anyone know what the cause of this could be 

1 hour ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Has the timing belt been done recently I had same symptoms on my old wrx and it was due to a mechanic not doing my timing belt change right. Had another guy redo the timing and all was fine. 

It was done in 2016. But thanks mate defo something to look at 

1 hour ago, ROSSCOSM said:

Has the timing belt been done recently I had same symptoms on my old wrx and it was due to a mechanic not doing my timing belt change right. Had another guy redo the timing and all was fine. 

17 hours ago, savage bulldogs said:

Hopefully its nothing to serious but the best bet would be to get the ECU codes read . Under normal circumstances most garages would be able to do this but you can buy a odb2 bluetooth adapter and download the torque app on your phone .this will read most ECU codes afaik 

OK matey I will try and find some one with a obd. Thanks for the reply 👍

• Like 1