Fuel Filter / Pump

Brack

Hi all,

My 2.0 NA Petrol has 110K on the clock with no record of a fuel filter change - in the book it says to change at 60k.

Looking things up it appears to be built into the fuel pump and a PITA to change. 

I'm thinking to get a replacement fuel pump - what do you guys think? Should the book say replace the fuel pump at 60K miles maybe.

Hating these smart motorways so I'm trying to cover all options so not to break down on them

Thanks for any advice

Neil   

Given the mileage I would suggest a fuel pump change at the same time as the filter, looks like your pump is located behind a panel under your back seat - similar to impreza, shouldnt be too hard to get to and change

I wouldn't throw a working OEM pump away for aftermarket , none of the aftermarket or even bosch pumps match quality or lifespan of OEM japan .
The Walbro pumps being good example of this .
You could test pump with scope to see current draw and cumutator wave form which give good indication of health .
OEM pumps on non turbo live an easy life ....

Thanks Jay and Mr B, 

the filter doesnt seem to be a servicable part being built into a pump thats so fiddly to take apart - a new pump seemed the only option. 

Maybe I worry too much but I've been bitten by a clogged up fuel filter before so a bit wary of them.

Do you know if the fuel tank is plastic by any chance?