Buying my first scoobie

Jeddolls

Hi there guys.

So originally i was interested in the 2.5 hawkeye wrx, however ive heard they arent the best cars and can be unreliable compared to the 2.0 wrx. Now ive found a blob eye but wondered what i could get for around £5/£6k for a saloon not the wagon. I am looking for a stock car that i can lightly modify. Maybe put an exhaust on and intake and potentially other buts. But wanted your advice 😊

Hello bud

Whichever Subaru you buy just remember it will be as reliable as much as you look after it. Check the oils and coolant every so often. I try and check mine every 

two weeks religiously to be on top of things its the best way as when I first bought it my engine went bang as I had no one to tell me what to do. 

• Like 1

Larry makes a good point 

When I was looking for my first WRX I went for the 2.0 rather than the 2.5 mainly because of the scary stories of ringland failure, but the main thing to check is how well it’s been looked after with servicing and being run on 99ron fuel preferably (Tesco momentum or Shell v-power)

You should be able to get a really nice wrx for your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

My 2007 Hawkeye so far has been trouble free. As above constant maintenance with quality parts or OEM. No putting off stuff for another 1000 miles. The yearly tax does hurt I cannot dispute that. Forget intake unless your chasing serious power or just want to be heard.