Clutch recommendations for track day

Eirebhoy232

Sorry I’m advance if been answered but unable to find a thread.

currently in the process of upgrading fuel pump injectors etc, in my wrx blob hoping to be around 330-350 and just looking for some recommendations if it’s necessary to upgrade the clutch for track days or for the power/torque thanks to all in advance.

If the clutch is the standard blue box exedy it is ok for 380 hp 350nm ish but if it's the original clutch it might not last long before it starts to slip , if abused on track a lot .

Most tend to upgrade to a exedy pink box for fast road occasional track use , they're rated to 450 /450 ish in the slightly bigger dia 6 speed version but 5 speed might be a bit under that (not much though) .

Next stage would be a paddle clutch but tbh I've only ever had one paddle clutch and removed it on my road car .As i didn't like the fact it juddered if you tried to slip it (pull away sensibly) so I had to just "step off it" at the lights .

The other thing to consider is your fairly close to the 5 speed limits at 350hp and a paddle clutch might be a bit less forgiving. 

Whichever route brand you chose just make sure the flywheel isn't grooved (get it skimmed if so ) and replace, spigot bearing, rear crank seal , both driveshaft seals and prop seal .

As why the box is out it's so much cheaper to replace those labour wise then 😉

plenty of options rather than paddle clutch, some fo the single plate clutches are rated to well above 500, or you can look at twin plate.

tbh i think the clutch is the least of your concerns of your going to track it.

• 6 months later...

If you're making up to 50whp over stock, you should be looking at stage one clutches which generally hold a 25-50% increase in torque capacity. The stage one clutches generally offer a slightly increased clamp load from the pressure plate and organic disc which will provide a similar stock pedal feel and engagement. jiofi.local.html forpc

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

A stage 1 clutch is easier to install and use than a stage 2 clutch, Finally, a stage 1 clutch is easier to shift than a stage 2 clutch. This is because stage 2 clutches are designed for more professional use, and they put more pressure on the engine by removing the features that allow the user more leeway in shifting. vidmate 2014  instagram saver