First Time Subaru Owner - 2017 WRX STI

CarBoyCam

Hi all, been a member of the forum for a little while but this is my first post. Became the proud owner of my first ever Subaru and dream car just over a month ago now.

Managed to find a 2017 WRX STI in WR Blue with relatively low mileage at a decent price! Much thirstier than the Vauxhall Corsa 1.0T it replaced but so much more fun and I keep telling myself it's more practical too.

The car came with only a couple of mods when I bought it. Wind/rain deflectors on all the doors which I have since removed and also a axle-back muffler delete (I think it might be a Nameless one). Needless to say the muffler delete will get replaced by a cat-back system with mufflers at some point but that's a while off yet. I'd also like to get the head unit replaced with a Pioneer one with wireless Apple CarPlay as it's the one thing I'm missing from my old car!

Picture is of me the day I picked it up not long before the November lockdown! Apologies for me looking slightly happy with my purchase!

4967113B-A94A-455B-9949-13B32FEF3229_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

Phwoar, if that had been my first ever Subaru my grin would have extended 3 times round me bonce, come to think of it even at my age i'd still be grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Well bought mate, cracking car. 👍

I'll keep an eye out for you/it, regularly visit the Lombard Way industrial area, if an old bod in an artic tanker gives you a blast on the horn and thumbs up you'll know who it is.

• Like 1

CarBoyCam,

What a great looking car.

I wish you many miles of fun, enjoy the freedom of the road, the power and the style.

My XV is "in my world" the same (ex GSXR1000 rider).

Good wishes,

Chiles (old !Removed!)

22 hours ago, Judd said:

Phwoar, if that had been my first ever Subaru my grin would have extended 3 times round me bonce, come to think of it even at my age i'd still be grinning like a Cheshire cat.

Well bought mate, cracking car. 👍

I'll keep an eye out for you/it, regularly visit the Lombard Way industrial area, if an old bod in an artic tanker gives you a blast on the horn and thumbs up you'll know who it is.

I actually work at Haas just over the road from there so I’ll prepare! 😂

Got my private plate on the car now but I haven’t seen another like it in the Banbury area since getting it! So I’ll be easy to spot!

• Like 1