I couldn’t keep away.

ZeroPeak

Greetings all,

After a brief venture into the diesel life, I can happily say that I’ve seen the light and rejoined the Subaru ranks!

I recently managed to get my hands on the Subaru I wish I had bought first time round - a 2010 WRX STI Type UK.
I’ve always been incredibly fond of this shape, but for various reasons I instead picked up a blobeye wagon as my first. 

All I can say is I’m thrilled with my choice this time round (not that I wasn’t before!) and look forwards to what I have planned for the car.

Joe.

B34896CF-E262-4E75-B324-A498845F58AD.jpeg

• Like 2

Thank you all for the reception 😀

They do seem to be fairly rare around where I live, so I'm always excited when I do see one 😄

I've got an MBRP exhaust on it's way, as the stock exhaust was a little too tame for my liking. I'm also on the hunt for a decent headunit, as my bluetooth/USB/Aux point blank refuses to work, so I'm stuck with CDs for now!

1 hour ago, ZeroPeak said:

Thank you all for the reception 😀

They do seem to be fairly rare around where I live, so I'm always excited when I do see one 😄

I've got an MBRP exhaust on it's way, as the stock exhaust was a little too tame for my liking. I'm also on the hunt for a decent headunit, as my bluetooth/USB/Aux point blank refuses to work, so I'm stuck with CDs for now!

Hopefully that will make it sound a lot better. I got a muffler delete when I first got mine as it was way too quiet, but will being going for a full upgrade this year. 

In regards to head unit I replaced my on xmas eve with a pioneer SPH-DA230DAB. I went with that one as it had Apple car play. Liking it so far.

Great looking car. I was tempted by that era but couldn't justify paying the tax each year and not coming in WR Blue was a deal-breaker haha.

Just put the Pioneer AVIC-Z930DAB in my STI. Little tricky to get it up and running properly but it works great now.

15 hours ago, CarBoyCam said:

Great looking car. I was tempted by that era but couldn't justify paying the tax each year and not coming in WR Blue was a deal-breaker haha.

Just put the Pioneer AVIC-Z930DAB in my STI. Little tricky to get it up and running properly but it works great now.

I still can't believe blue was never an option for this model, guess someone higher up thought they wouldn't sell! 🤣

Awesome, I'll have a gander at that model too 👌

4 hours ago, ZeroPeak said:

I still can't believe blue was never an option for this model, guess someone higher up thought they wouldn't sell! 🤣

Think the only did the WR blue in the US and Japan 

8 hours ago, ZeroPeak said:

I think they wanted the saloon WRX STI to appear more mature and appealing to your average Joe. Ditching the WR Blue over here make it stand out less. I think they also only offered the big wing as an option too. Think they got a lip spoiler on the boot lid as standard.

Like @CRG77 said, WR Blue was only an option in the US and Japan on these. But we got the hatch of the late 00s in WR Blue at least!