HSD Coilovers Question

Sukira

Hi all, So my 2007 Impreza has these coil overs installed on them had 2 question.

1. General thoughts on them from the community

2. The last owner lowered it a tad too much and when going over speed bumps and bumps it hits... What height would you guys recommend raising them to for it not to be an issue but still look nice

https://www.hsdcoilovers.com.au/subaru-impreza-wrx-my01-07-sti-my01-04-gd-hsd-coil~2866058

Wotcha and welcome - I generally go for a 20mm drop all around from standard height but I like the wheel arch and wheel to be concentric to each other not closing at the wheel top / arch centre point

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jay762 said:

That I wouldn't know as I am not familiar with the HSD product.  @Tidgy what is the standard ride height of your motor and what are you running with your setup?

im on tein flex z so lowered, im not exactly sure what the height is set to tbh. Also need to take into account what the coilovers are as softer setups need more height or they bottom out. Afriad suspension setups isn't a subject im that up on.

• Thanks 1

I dont know of a coilover that does not have adjustable preload as that is what you wind on to tension the spring. This does not adjust the ride height as that is done by releasing the lock bolts at the base and winding the shock absorber in or out of the body.

I set my ohlins up as per the manual.

Spring preload of 198mm against a unsprung length of 200mm

Shock length of 291mm Fr 392mm Rr

This gives and overall drop of 20mm against OEM ride height.