Is there an enabling device on the 2015 WRX for the Daytime Running Lamps ? 

vpmk

Is there an enabling / disabling device on the 2015 WRX for the Daytime Running Lamps ? 

I got a stone in the n/s foglight and stuffed it with clingfilm while the replacement unit was on order.  Of course the Daytime Running Lamps (DRL) are in the same unit - and the one-eyed o/s lamp still worked at that stage I think. 

I replaced the unit and the fog lights are fine - but the DSLs are dead under all ignition and light settings.  Their fuse is healthy. 

Looking on American WRX YouTube videos** I see that there is a connector low down on USA WRXs near the fog/DRL unit (on their passenger side) which can simply slide into an alternative position to enable/disable the DSLs. 

I find nothing in my own engine bay near the lights on either side.  It would however be an easy explanation as to why my DSLs no longer operate. 

Does anyone know anything? 

** They clearly don't like running lights (and/or they like wiring in their fog lights instead) and no doubt some States' legislation hasn't caught up with Scandinavian "you've got your headlights on" innovations of 30 or more years ago.