2002 forester s turbo rear subframe

Craig1337

Hi guys. So my rear subframe and trailing arms are seriously rusted, so i'm in the market for a new/used frame and arms. There are a lot being broke on eBay but waiting on a few replies - just wanted to check on any frames that are interchangeable with the 2002 forester s turbo ? thanks

The later impreza gc8 rear subframes fit. You'll just have to make sure to get the forester arms because they are longer than impreza arms because of the suspensions ride height on the forester's being taller.

im running everything impreza gc8 on mine because it's so low.

I just noticed your on about trailing arms. 

Impreza trailing arms fit as it's the bracket that's different between the forester & impreza.👍🏻 

27 minutes ago, SF5Fozzi said:

The later impreza gc8 rear subframes fit. You'll just have to make sure to get the forester arms because they are longer than impreza arms because of the suspensions ride height on the forester's being taller.

im running everything impreza gc8 on mine because it's so low.

I just noticed your on about trailing arms. 

Impreza trailing arms fit as it's the bracket that's different between the forester & impreza.👍🏻 

Thanks, i was hoping so! Mine is lowered too so should hopefully be be able to use the gc8 as you say! just can't seem to find the arms for forester so easily, and the anti roll bar - but i am still searching! 

If you want the geometry correct with a forester that's as low or lower than an impreza, then you'll need to swap the trailing arm brackets to gc8, rear roll bar brackets to gc8, rear gc8 sti pink arm kit, gc8 propshaft bearing housing, gc8 gearbox cradle, gc8 front subframe u bolts with subframe spacers removed, gc8 gear lever assembly, gc8 intercooler undertray, gc8 roll centre kit, plus other odds n sods Iv probably forgotten about. 

I think Iv got the part number for the whiteline roll bar I got I look for u tomorrow 👍🏻

On 4/22/2021 at 1:03 AM, SF5Fozzi said:

If you want the geometry correct with a forester that's as low or lower than an impreza, then you'll need to swap the trailing arm brackets to gc8, rear roll bar brackets to gc8, rear gc8 sti pink arm kit, gc8 propshaft bearing housing, gc8 gearbox cradle, gc8 front subframe u bolts with subframe spacers removed, gc8 gear lever assembly, gc8 intercooler undertray, gc8 roll centre kit, plus other odds n sods Iv probably forgotten about. 

I think Iv got the part number for the whiteline roll bar I got I look for u tomorrow 👍🏻

Hi mate sorry for the late response! thats awesome, thanks for the info - i'll look into getting the parts so i can swap out all the old rusty parts i currently have haha. 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:02 PM, SF5Fozzi said:

Forester SF rear lateral arms are same parts that can be found on G10 G11 body code impreza and B11 legacy, no length difference .

20 hours ago, Mr B said:

Forester SF rear lateral arms are same parts that can be found on G10 G11 body code impreza and B11 legacy, no length difference .

🤔hmmm.

i beg to differ. 

To get my geometry correct I had to order the gc8 sti pink arm set.

The trailing arms are the same length.as the brackets are different heights  

The pink set of arms were about 10mm shorter than the arms that came off my Forester. 

I then had to purchase the gc8 pink sti arb link & brackets set because the pink arms have no mount for the oem 'c' shaped arb links. 👍🏻

^
standard model arms are the same length and part numbers , I done a few forester impreza and legacy and lateral links cross between lot of them .
best way see what same is look it up in the subaru parts list as it shows all other models that use the part .
Later lateral links with ball joint drop links differ and wide track differs .