Best Accessories?

Justin Time

Any advice on useful OB accessories? 

I've bought a bumper protector, low level boot tray and rear seat back rubber protection mats, rubber floor mats, plus front and rear mudguards and a spare wheel plus kit.  These are all highly functional and protective, for what I do, and I'm happy with them.  But most of the other stuff I can see (e.g wheel arch trims, skid plates, etc.) appear more cosmetic - but perhaps not?

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, tomgr7 said:

Out of interest where did you order the accessories from?

Hi Tom.  I ordered mine from the dealership where I bought the car, as they offered me a discount because of the car sale.  Otherwise, there is Simpsons Subaru who come up on a UK internet search (also called Subaru-Parts) and they-re on eBay.  However, I think any dealership could order parts and maybe if you shop around you can get the best prices (discount).  The Simpson's site only have a small online catalogue, but I managed to find a Subaru EU pdf accessories brochure for the OB with a wider range of accessories available and also, most helpfully, all the parts numbers. 

8 minutes ago, Jon Tallis said:

Justin, any chance you can share that pdf of a link to it? 

subaru accessories_brochure.pdfsubaru accessories_brochure.pdfI did try and find the URL last night but the search kept coming up with US and not EU pdfs- grrrh!  I've also tried to attach (upload) the PDF from my laptop below, but there seems to be just a 908kb upload.

The Simpsons Subaru accessories site does sell a brochure for £2-50 which seems a bit of a cheek.

4 minutes ago, Justin Time said:

subaru accessories_brochure.pdfsubaru accessories_brochure.pdfI did try and find the URL last night but the search kept coming up with US and not EU pdfs- grrrh!  I've also tried to attach (upload) the PDF from my laptop below, but there seems to be just a 908kb upload.

The Simpsons Subaru accessories site does sell a brochure for £2-50 which seems a bit of a cheek.

Try this...

https://www.subaru-global.com/ebrochure/Outback/2020my/CZCZ/assets/FHI/common/accessories_brochure.pdf

• 1 year later...

Subaru Dog Guard fitted -  Hooray!!! OK, it's not like I've just DIYed and replaced the whole wiring harness or stripped and rebuilt the CVT, but  it took about 30 mins!!!  It's less of an issue with the fixing, which is simply bolts and washers, but the very poor quality of the printed fitting instructions (over exposed photos so really dark) and the strangely contorted bits of metal that attach the frame to the body.

Once fitted, seemed sound. Shame they couldn't design it so it fitted closer to the back of the rear seats as that would have given the dog another foot or so of space.  Still, it'll do.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Westwardbound said:

This is a US video but may be of use as a general indication of the types of accessories available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLygtzz_z3I

Thanks for sharing the link. The boot wheel arch protector would be useful for me.  No mention of the dog guard in the vid which was interesting.